***NEW*** Leading in a Recession Workshop
Teamworks Pacific Ltd
Strategic Planning, Leadership Development, Organisational Development
Leading in a recession
In order to survive a recession the business needs to cut staff and costs – Right? Wrong! McKinney Rogers conducted an international survey of senior business executives and found some interesting results.
Q: What are the most important things the business needs to focus on in order to reduce the risk of exposure to recession?
- 78% of respondents said the development of their workforce was the key tool;
- 73% agree that moving into emerging markets that are unlikely to be affected by recession is important;
- 67% said that diversifying the business offering was necessary;
- Only 38% of respondents believe that cutting prices to become more competitive is effective;
- Only 34% thought that reducing the number of employees would be effective;
- Only 23% thought that reducing marketing spend would be smart;
At times of economic slowdown it is essential that all staff buy in to the vision and direction of the business. Tough times are demanding and resilience is a must have. This makes leadership even more important than during the good times. Making productivity in the right areas a focal point and aligning people, resources and strategies will reduce exposure to the risks of recession.
Teamworks is running a 1 day workshop on “Leading in a Recession” that covers the following:
- Exploring how the recession might impact on your business.
- Why leadership in a recession is critical and what to do differently.
- How to “recession-proof” the business.How to use the recession to your advantage?
- How to create a comprehensive recession-proof plan.
- Case studies of action taken in recession (both good and bad).
- Criteria for deciding what needs more attention and what can be put on the backburner.
- How to improve resilience in individuals and teams.
To book your space on one of the public workshops please e-mail [email protected], or go to our website: www.teamworkspacific.com
Wednesday, 19 November 2008 Brisbane, Australia
Thursday, 27 November 2008 Wellington, New Zealand
Workshop cost: $500 per person + GST. (Group bookings discounted)
You can access the full McKinney Rogers research here: http://www.mckinneyrogers.com/media/17054/business_leaders.pdf
"I have no reservations in suggesting that Teamworks has added great value to our organisation throughout Australasia.We are committed to the
partnership with Teamworks and believe that it is an important way in growing our company’s potential." - David Ward, Australasian Managing
Director: AEP Industries (Pacific).
, Leading in a Recession
, Organisational Development
, Strategic Planning