Freeze Drying Machinery | Cuddon Freeze Dry New Zealand
Cuddon Freeze Dry
Stainless Steel, Refrigeration, Heating System
FD1000 Industrial Freeze Dryer
The FD1000 is an industrial freeze dryer with a 1,000kg ice capacity, 103m2 shelf area and doors at both ends. This freeze drying machinery is ideal for large scale, commercial , such as food processing.
FD1000 Specification Summary
- Unless otherwise specified, Cuddon freeze drying machinery sales include CIF freight to your nearest
international seaport, installation/commissioning/staff-training by Cuddon engineers, and
a full 12-month warranty.
Capacity and Cycle Time
- Cuddon Freeze Dry's quality acceptance test is to sublimate and condense the vapour
condenser capacity of ice within 24 hours. For the FD1000 this equates to 1000kg of ice.
- Chamber, doors, hinges, shelf modules, trays and vapour condenser constructed from
AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Shelf modules (x4) and vapour condenser are contained inside chamber. FD1000 has a
door at both ends, allowing wet and dry room application.
- Two viewing ports, each 180mm in diameter, are provided in the doors, allowing
observation of both the vapour condenser and product trays during the drying cycle.
- Chamber is fitted with stainless steel pneumatically operated valves that isolate the
vacuum line connection, drain, water defrost and vacuum release.
Modular Shelf Heating Plates
- Plates fabricated from T304 stainless steel with 2B finish. FD1000 contains 4 x shelf
modules, each with 16 heat plates (shelves).
- Each shelf module is removable from the chamber for maintenance or cleaning, and is
done by rolling onto a trolley which is provided.
- Two sets of T304 stainless steel trays are provided as standard. Tray trolleys are optional.
- Thyristor controlled electric boiler, connected in series with the heat plates.
Heating fluid is glycol based and is circulated by a centrifugal pump, allowing heated or
cooled fluid to be circulated through the plates on demand of the electronic load
controller. A cooling heat exchanger is provided in the circuit for reducing the
temperature of the plates.
- Roots blower and backing pump are connected to the chamber by heavy duty PVC lines
and pneumatic isolating valve. Pump exhaust is vented to the exterior of the building
housing the freeze dryer.
- Refrigeration condensing unit is purpose-built with capacity control to allow economical
use of the low-temperature R507 refrigerant. Includes water cooled condenser.
- T304 stainless steel tube in parallel circuits to form a direct expansion refrigerated coil.
- Defrosting ice after a product cycle is by water. Hot water defrost optional using heat
recovery from the refrigeration system.
Low Temperature Option
- A lower temperature option can be quoted if required, giving –55°C vapour condenser
temperature, and –35°C/+70°C shelf freezing/heating.
- OMRON PLC interfaced with OMRON touchscreen control panel. Screen includes
graphic overview of freeze drying system. Automated system will ramp/reduce energy to
govern sublimation pressure to pre-set parameters.
- 15 x 15-step recipe programming capacity, 250 batch storage, software for data retrieval
and analysis. In-built modem allows remote access for monitoring and service.
, Construction Material
, Cooling Heat
, Freeze Dry
, Freeze Dryer
, Freeze Drying
, Heat Exchanger
, Heat Plates
, Heating System
, Heavy Duty Pvc
, Modular Shelf
, Pneumatically Operated Valves
, Refrigeration Condensing Unit
, Roots Blower
, Stainless Steel
, Stainless Steel Trays
, Stainless Steel Tube
, Steel Trays
, Steel Tube
, Tray Trolleys
, Vacuum Line
, Vacuum System