Freeze Dry Machines | Cuddon Freeze Dry
Cuddon Freeze Dry
Stainless Steel, Refrigeration, Hot Water
FD300 Commercial Freeze Dryer
The Cuddon FD300 is the first in our range of industrial freeze dry machines, designed specifically for larger-scale commercial use. The FD300 is capable of drying most products using a proven 24 hour drying cycle.
FD300 Specification Summary
- Unless otherwise specified, sales of Cuddon Freeze Dry machines include CIF freight to your nearest
international seaport, installation/commissioning/staff-training by Cuddon engineers, and
a full 12-month warranty.
Capacity and Cycle Time
- Cuddon Freeze Dry's quality acceptance test is to sublimate and condense the vapour
condenser capacity of ice within 24 hours. For the FD300, this equates to 300kg of ice.
- Chamber, door, hinges, shelf modules, trays and vapour condenser constructed from
AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Shelf module (x1) and vapour condenser are contained inside chamber.
- Two viewing ports, each 180mm in diameter, are provided in the door, allowing
observation of both the vapour condenser and product trays during the drying cycle.
- Chamber is fitted with stainless steel pneumatically operated valves that isolate the
vacuum line connection, drain, water defrost and vacuum release.
Modular Shelf Heating Plates
- Plates fabricated from T304 stainless steel with 2B finish. FD300 freeze dry machines contain 1 x shelf
module with 16 heat plates (shelves).
- Shelf module is removable from the chamber for maintenance or cleaning, and is done
by rolling onto a trolley which is provided.
- Two sets of T304 stainless steel trays are provided as standard. Tray trolleys are optional.
- Thyristor controlled electric boiler, connected in series with the heat plates.
- Heating fluid is glycol based and is circulated by a centrifugal pump, allowing heated or
cooled fluid to be circulated through the plates on demand of the electronic load
controller. A cooling heat exchanger is provided in the circuit for reducing the
temperature of the plates.
- Roots blower and backing pump are connected to the chamber by heavy duty PVC lines
and pneumatic isolating valve. Pump exhaust is vented to the exterior of the building
housing the freeze dryer.
- Refrigeration condensing unit is purpose-built with capacity control to allow economical
use of the low-temperature R507 refrigerant. Includes water cooled condenser.
- T304 stainless steel tube in parallel circuits to form a direct expansion refrigerated coil.
- Defrosting ice after a product cycle is by water. Hot water defrost optional using heat
recovery from the refrigeration system.
Low Temperature Option
- A lower temperature option can be quoted if required, giving –55°C vapour condenser
temperature, and –35°C/+70°C shelf freezing/heating.
- OMRON PLC interfaced with OMRON touchscreen control panel. Screen includes
graphic overview of freeze drying system. Automated system will ramp/reduce energy to
govern sublimation pressure to pre-set parameters.
- 15 x 15-step recipe programming capacity, 250 batch storage, software for data retrieval
and analysis. In-built modem allows remote access for monitoring and service.
, Construction Material
, Cooling Heat
, Freeze Dry
, Freeze Dryer
, Heat Exchanger
, Heat Plates
, Heating System
, Heavy Duty Pvc
, Hot Water
, Modular Shelf
, Pneumatically Operated Valves
, Refrigeration Condensing Unit
, Roots Blower
, Stainless Steel
, Stainless Steel Trays
, Stainless Steel Tube
, Steel Trays
, Steel Tube
, Tray Trolleys
, Vacuum Line
, Vacuum System