Freeze Dry Machine | Cuddon Freeze Dry
Cuddon Freeze Dry
Stainless Steel, Hot Water, Heating System
The FD18 general purpose freeze dry machine was designed after consideration of the factors necessary for food freeze-drying techniques. This freeze dry machine is capable of drying a variety of biologicals, blood, plasma and pharmaceutical products.
FD18 Specification Summary
- Unless otherwise specified, Cuddon Freeze Dry machine sales include CIF freight to your
nearest international seaport, installation/commissioning/staff-training by Cuddon
engineers, and a full 12-month warranty.
Capacity and Cycle Time
- Cuddon Freeze Dry's quality acceptance test is to sublimate and condense the vapour
condenser capacity of ice within 24 hours. For the FD18, this equates to 18kg of ice.
- The FD18 Freeze Dry Machine chamber, hinges, shelf modules, trays and vapour
condenser are constructed from AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Shelf module (x1) and vapour condenser are contained
inside the chamber.
- Acrylic door allows observation of both the vapour
condenser and product trays during the drying cycle.
- The chamber is fitted with stainless steel pneumatically
operated valves that isolate the vacuum line connection,
drain, water defrost and vacuum release.
Modular Shelf Heating Plates
- Plates fabricated from T304 stainless steel with 2B finish.
- The FD18 Freeze Dry Machine contains 1 x shelf module with 5 heat plates
(shelves). Top plate provides radiant heat only.
- Two sets of T304 stainless steel trays are provided as standard. Tray trolleys are optional.
- Electric boiler, connected in series with the heat plates. A cooling heat exchanger is
provided in the circuit for reducing the temperature of the plates.
- Heating fluid is glycol based and is circulated by a centrifugal pump, allowing heated or
cooled fluid to be circulated through the plates on demand of the electronic load
- Vacuum pump is connected to the chamber by loop piping and pneumatic isolating
valve. Pump exhaust is vented to the exterior of the building housing the freeze dryer.
- Refrigeration condensing unit is purpose-built with capacity control to allow economical
use of the low-temperature R507 refrigerant. Includes air cooled condenser.
- T304 stainless steel tube in parallel circuits to form a direct expansion refrigerated coil.
- Defrosting ice after a product cycle is by water. Hot water recommended for fast
Low Temperature Option
- A lower temperature option can be quoted if required, giving –55°C vapour condenser
temperature, and –35°C/+70°C shelf freezing/heating.
- OMRON PLC interfaced with OMRON touchscreen control panel. Screen includes
graphic overview of freeze drying system. Automated system will ramp/reduce energy
to govern sublimation pressure to pre-set parameters.
- 15 x 15-step recipe programming capacity, 250 batch storage, software for data
retrieval and analysis. In-built modem allows remote access for monitoring and service.
, Construction Material
, Cooling Heat
, Freeze Dry
, Heat Exchanger
, Heat Plates
, Heating System
, Hot Water
, Machine Sales
, Modular Shelf
, Pneumatically Operated Valves
, Radiant Heat
, Refrigeration Condensing Unit
, Stainless Steel
, Stainless Steel Trays
, Stainless Steel Tube
, Steel Trays
, Steel Tube
, Tray Trolleys
, Vacuum Line
, Vacuum Pump
, Vacuum System