Freeze Dry Equipment | Cuddon Freeze Dry
Cuddon Freeze Dry
Stainless Steel, Hot Water, Heating System
Cuddon's FD80 general purpose freeze dry equipment has an 80kg ice capacity and 9m2 shelf area, and is capable of drying a variety of biological, pharmaceutical, nutritional and general food products.
FD80 Specification Summary
- Unless otherwise specified, Cuddon Freeze Dry equipment sales include CIF freight to your nearest
international seaport, installation/commissioning/staff-training by Cuddon engineers, and
a full 12-month warranty.
Capacity and Cycle Time
- Cuddon Freeze Dry's quality acceptance test is to sublimate and condense the vapour
condenser capacity of ice within 24 hours. For the FD80, this equates to 80kg of ice.
- Chamber, door, hinges, shelf modules, trays and vapour condenser constructed from
AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Shelf module (x1) and vapour condenser are contained inside chamber.
- Large viewing window is provided in the door, allowing observation of both the vapour
condenser and product trays during the drying cycle.
- Chamber is fitted with stainless steel pneumatically operated valves that isolate the
vacuum line connection, drain, water defrost and vacuum release.
Modular Shelf Heating Plates
- Plates fabricated from T304 stainless steel with 2B finish. FD80 contains 1 x shelf
module with 10 heat plates (shelves). Top plate provides radiant heat only.
- Shelf module is removable from the chamber for maintenance or cleaning, and is done
by rolling onto a trolley which is provided.
- Two sets of T304 stainless steel trays are provided as standard. Tray trolleys are optional.
- Thyristor controlled electric boiler, connected in series with the heat plates.
- Heating fluid is glycol based and is circulated by a centrifugal pump, allowing heated or
cooled fluid to be circulated through the plates on demand of the electronic load
controller. A cooling heat exchanger is provided in the circuit for reducing the
temperature of the plates.
- Vacuum pump is connected to the chamber by
loop piping and pneumatic isolating valve.
- Pump exhaust is vented to the exterior of the
building housing the freeze dryer.
- Refrigeration condensing unit is purpose-built
with capacity control to allow economical use of
the low-temperature R507 refrigerant. Includes
water cooled condenser.
- T304 stainless steel tube in parallel circuits to form a direct expansion refrigerated coil.
- Defrosting ice after a product cycle is by water. Hot water recommended for fast defrost.
Low Temperature Option
- A lower temperature option can be quoted if required, giving –55°C vapour condenser
temperature, and –35°C/+70°C shelf freezing/heating.
- OMRON PLC interfaced with OMRON touchscreen control panel. Screen includes
graphic overview of freeze drying system. Automated system will ramp/reduce energy to
govern sublimation pressure to pre-set parameters.
- 15 x 15-step recipe programming capacity, 250 batch storage, software for data retrieval
and analysis. In-built modem allows remote access for monitoring and service.
, Construction Material
, Cooling Heat
, Freeze Dry
, Heat Exchanger
, Heat Plates
, Heating System
, Hot Water
, Modular Shelf
, Pneumatically Operated Valves
, Radiant Heat
, Refrigeration Condensing Unit
, Stainless Steel
, Stainless Steel Trays
, Stainless Steel Tube
, Steel Trays
, Steel Tube
, Tray Trolleys
, Vacuum Line
, Vacuum Pump
, Vacuum System