"Put it to them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.” - Joseph Pulitzer.
Joseph Pulitzer succinctly explains the key elements behind good communication - brevity, clarity, and accuracy. Good communication is essential for any business which deals with the public. Unless your documents are well written, your intended meaning may be lost or confused. This is particularly true in the field of science and technology communication, where technical language and jargon has developed to the extent of rendering the information inaccessible to many members of the public.
Louise can assist in the following areas:
- Development of science/science communication-related educational programmes
- Science books/booklets/brochures
- Web content
- Research reports
- Newspaper articles/features
- Magazine features/columns etc.;
- Editing and proof-reading copy;
- Digital photography;
- Basic Web design (like this site); and
- Typesetting of newsletters, magazines, brochures, and annual research reports.
What will it cost?
Rates are negotiable depending on the duration and nature of the work - you can always ask for a free quote.