Ligare has a versatile and experienced Pre-Press Department able to assist with the smooth production of publications from electronic file.
Our digital pre-press equipment ensures Ligare’s ability to meet your requirements encompassing a wide range of applications.
Ligare’s pre-press facility has:
Mac and PC workstations
Epson colour proofing
High volume Canon and Océ double-sided proofer (black & white, and colour)
Dolev A1 Platesetter (maximum width 1116mm x 811mm)
Fully automated Luscher Platesetter (maximum size 1130mm x 900mm)
Canon high volume document scanner
Microtech flatbed colour scanner
File archiving system
|Indesign – Mac & PC |
|Illustrator – Mac & PC |
|Photoshop – Mac & PC |
|Pagemaker – Mac & PC |
|QuarkXpress – Mac & PC |
Please note that files created in Photoshop may create a pixelated image in small images and text.
Pre-Press process and facilities
It is important that pre-press receive a file that is correctly formatted which assists in ensuring both a faster processing of jobs and reducing the potential for error. Incorrectly formatted files may result in additional charges or the return of your file for adjustment which could delay the production of your book. For any questions please contact your account manager. You can expect a flight check of your files within 48 hours of delivery. If there are any problems with the files you will be contacted and the problems will be explained.
- To install in both PC & Mac:
- Launch Adobe Distiller
- Go to settings menu
- Now the Ligare HiRes setting is ready to use
- Note that loading these settings into Adobe CS2 or higher will make them available in InDesign and Illustrator as well.
- PDF Checklist
- Are all the fonts embedded?
- Are all crop marks at least 3mm away from trim edge?
- Is there between 3mm and 5mm bleed?
- Are all 4-colour elements CMYK?
- Are all black elements GREYSCALE?
- Are spot colours set up correctly?
- Note that RGB should not be used.
- Ensure that page set-up is set at single pages not imposed or running pairs.
Once we have received your file or CRA we will create a digital proof of your job. Your account manager will deliver or send your proofs to you. Please check your proofs carefully and then if correct sign the proof form, or if adjustments need to be made add these to the proof form. Then return the proofs to your account manager. You can then expect your proofs within 3-4 working days from the time your deliver your files to Ligare.