Making an impact with Continuous Improvement projects……………….how many of these project features can you tick off?
1. The boss is on board and wants it done.
2. The project is aligned to the business plan or strategy
3. The benefits have been estimated and appear substantial.
4. The project is planned to be finished inside six months (they always are by the way….)
5. You have identified the customers and asked them what they really want.
6. You have collected some data on your output metric (the big Y) and used this to create desire for the project.
7. You have walked and mapped the process yourself not just accepted the existing dogeared flow charts
8. You plan to get to the root causes using the 5 whys not just stick with the issues
9. You plan to trial and pilot your ideas before going broadscale.
10. You plan to carry out some audits using managers from other areas to sustain the gains.
11. You have meditated every day to prevent the management structure being reorganised and lose interest in your project
12. You started on DAY 1 to consider the cultural acceptance of your project and what change acceptance tools could be used to help that occur.
10-12 No need for lean6sigma - you’re doing fine on your own
4-9 Fill out the contact form at the back of the website - we can help you
1-3 You’re doomed!
How did you do?………………….would you like to know more?
(by the way we don’t wear suits)