Lea contributed a seminar to our Stress Relief Week. As always’s hers was a standout session and I have had fantastic feedback.(see below) - Mel Recreational Centre Canterbury University
"I would definitely give this seminar a 5. The nutritionist really seemed to know what she was on about and was very good with answering questions - if anything you could have made it a little longer!" ThanksIt was very helpful..scored five, this lady knows her subjectGreat but time too short.10 out of 5!Awesome, more of this please.An excellent speaker - I learnt quite alot. It was really aimed at our level and had lots of other useful information as well as food on exam day!Very worthwhile. CM
Research has proved that a healthy workforce is not only more productive in terms of unit output each day, but also looses less time through sickness, accident and staff attrition.
Developing a Health and Safety Programme for these staff is now on the agenda for many companies and nutrition education is an important part of such a plan.
Over the past ten years Lea Stening Health has worked with a number of companies in this way. NZ Police, NZ Fire Service, Air NZ, Mount Cook, Johnson Coachlines, Gunn’s Veneer Co, IRD, ACC etc. to name just a few.
We can help in the following ways:
- Set up a nutrition questionnaire that assesses the nutritional knowledge/needs of your workforce.
- Design a power point presentation on nutrition that includes the results of the questionnaire your staff have completed.
- Conduct seminars for staff or workshops on practical ways to improve nutrition.
- Work with other health professionals within your organisation such as your company doctor or industrial health nurse or social workers to work with individual workers or to help target identified nutritional needs within your group.
- Assess in house food services for nutritional adequacy and where necessary make recommendations for change.
- Contribute nutritional articles or columns for your company newsletters or in house magazines.
- Design a follow up questionnaire after our involvement to assess nutritional change within your group.