Some lawyers talk about litigation (that's lawyerspeak for "going to court") – we talk about resolving disputes.
Maybe you’re involved in a dispute or you’re wanting to make or defend a claim against someone, or perhaps you just want some sensible and down-to-earth advice. We’re here to listen, advise you, and help plan a course of action to resolve the problems.
And our job is to do that as efficiently as possible, and in a way which satisfies you. This doesn’t necessarily mean going to court. Of course, there are some cases where there just isn’t a choice. But at Johnston Lawrence, they’re very much the minority. Whenever we can, we work hard to keep our clients out of court if possible. We’ll make sure you understand all the options – you’re the one who’ll make the choice.
And we know that you don’t want to spend more than you have to. We’ll do our best to make sure that you don’t. We have plenty of strings to our bow:
- We can help you negotiate a settlement
- If you prefer, we’ll help you work out the strategy and leave to you to do the negotiating
- We’ll work alongside you in a mediation
- We’ll represent you in arbitration
- If you want, we’ll go to court for you, as we have for countless clients in every New Zealand court from the Supreme Court down
If you need help, give us a call.
We don’t pretend we know everything about everything. If there’s something that we can’t handle, we’ll tell you – no messing about. But when it comes to disputes, we can help with most things. Here’s a just a sample of what we handle:
- Medical and personal injury claims
- Employment problems and personal grievances
- Property claims between married and de facto couples
- All kinds of claims and disputes about wills and estates
- Commercial and residential property disputes
- Leaky building problems
- Debt recovery
- Disputes about all sorts of contracts
- Insolvencies, liquidations and receiverships