Benefits of using IVS Certificate of Origin Service:
- Price - only $30+GST per certificate
- Time - quick and efficient turnaround time
- User friendly website where you can save your information in a secure environment
- Print your own certificates without leaving your office
China / New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
In 2008, New Zealand became the first western nation to secure a free trade pact with China. China is our fourth-largest export market and the world's fastest-growing economy. The Free Trade Agreement is estimated to be worth $350 million per year to New Zealand exporters.
- By 2010, 96 per cent of all New Zealand-made goods exported to China will be tariff free
- Goods that arrive in China with a certificate of origin, will be processed within 48 hours by Chinese customs
ASEAN - Australia - New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (AANZFTA)
In January 2010 the AANZFTA came into effect, it's aim to liberalise and facilitate trade in goods, services and investment between New Zealand, Australia and the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) economies. It contains measures to improve business flows and promote cooperation in a broad range of economic areas of mutual interest. The Members of ASEAN are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam.
How can I benefit from under New Zealand's Free Trade Agreements?
To benefit from our Free Trade Agreement, you need to:
- Determine whether your goods qualify for access under the agreement, and
- Obtain a certificate of origin to verify your goods are legitimately made in New Zealand.
IVS have developed a web-based system to simplify the processes and make it easy to navigate the technicalities of our free trade agreements.
This system provides our clients with a secure pathway when for issue of Certificates of Origin under New Zealand's Free Trade Agreements.
How do I qualify for the benefits of our Free Trade Agreements?
To qualify for reduced tariffs under our free trade agreement, you need to show your goods 'originate' from New Zealand.
To determine origin for your goods, please use our questionnaires below:
IVS Origin Assurance Programme
- Personalised company and product information held securely on-line for quick access anytime
- Technical advice and support from FTA experts
- Clear step-by-step processes that are easy to follow
- Online comprehensive information
- Support for application amendments or clarification on what is needed to meet the agreement criteria