IT NEXUS :: SME Services - sme services benefits
A key goal of IT Nexus is to deliver cost effective, practical, proactive and reliable IT solutions for all of our clients. The integration of SME Services within your business infrastructure delivers many benefits to your organisation – from a decrease in IT costs to an increase in business productivity.
Some of the benefits from adopting SME Services include:
- Alignment of Interests: Unlike the Break-Fix model, our interest is aligned with yours. In other words, outages, disasters and other problems are no longer the source of our income. It is in our interest to keep your systems performing efficiently, eliminating outages and preventing issues from escalating to major disasters.
- Proactive Services: We monitor your network and servers continuously and this allows us to take immediate action when alerts and trouble tickets are raised. This allows us to prevent alerts or any problems escalating to a major issue. It also enables us to perform some of the maintenance tasks earlier than scheduled, preventing disasters and outages. This ensures your machines under our management are always running at peak efficiency.
- Furthermore, when you know that you are not running an expensive "tab" every time you need support, you will be able to proactively get answers any questions that you may have about the work performance of your system.
- Shorter Response Times: Our management system allows us to access almost all devices on your network remotely. Engineers will be able to move from one issue to the next and from one customer to the other in a very short time eliminating travel time. Remote solutions result in an increase in the number of issues responded to and resolved at any given time.
- Greater Availability and Technical Expertise: SME Services with its subscription based model enables us to accurately budget and employ the right number of engineers with the right mix of technical expertise resulting in better customer satisfaction.
- Budgeting: Since the SME Services product is a subscription based model, you will be able to easily and accurately budget for your IT needs for any length of time. Also, the regular reporting, meetings and planning we provide help you to continuously assess your IT assets, their life cycle, and future needs. This in turn helps you to better prepare a timely and accurate budgeting for projects and other capital IT expenses.
- Cost Savings: Consider the following examples:
- No more hourly rates which are inflated to cover for additional expenses such as unproductive engineer hours and travel cost. Furthermore, the subscription fee is based on discounted hourly rates, resulting in cost savings on support services and maintenance.
- Having a flat subscription fee eliminates the feeling that you are running an “open IT tab”. This results in good workmanship, proper and timely maintenance and support. Additional savings occur as extra costs due to incomplete jobs, reoccurring issues and disasters are removed. You will also be able to call us as much as you need without fearing an escalation in your IT costs.
- You will save on the salary required to employ an in house engineer, in addition to ongoing employment and training costs. Furthermore, the engineer has to have a high level of expertise to cover as mush issues and needs as possible and this skill level does not come with a low salary. There are also additional costs in obtaining the required expertise and hands, since some tasks cannot physically be performed by one engineer. You might also need to employ a second engineer to cover for each other during sick leaves, holidays, etc – employment costs can be substantial.
- We subsidise and reduce these costs dramatically by managing our engineers’ time and expertise and assigning them to customers as and when needed. We assign more than one engineer to each customer thereby eliminating such situations as holidays and sick leaves. Furthermore, we have sufficient number of engineers with varying expertise capable of providing the necessary and complete support. All this is covered by the monthly or annual subscription fee.