Isowhey ® Fibre 150 capsules
AUST L 154809
IsoWhey® Fibre contains a soluble fibre derived from konjac root.
By promoting a feeling of fullness, and when combined with a calorie-controlled diet and regular exercise,
soluble fibres can play an important role in healthy weight management plans. They may also help you maintain healthy
cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
At a Glance
IsoWhey® Fibre contains glucomannan, a source of soluble fibre derived from the root of the
konjac plant (Amorphophallus rivieri). In Oriental cuisines, konjac is a vegan substitute for gelatine,
commonly used as a thickening agent for foods.
Similarly, in the digestive tract, soluble fibres, such as those found in konjac, will attract water and
form a gel. This slows digestion, promoting a feeling of fullness, without additional calories.
Scientific evidence also suggests that soluble fibre may assist in the maintenance of normal healthy cholesterol.
Additionally, glucomannan has been shown to help support the maintenance of normal healthy blood sugar levels as
it reduces the rate of carbohydrate absorption and subsequent glucose release into the blood.
- When combined with a calorie-controlled diet and regular exercise, IsoWhey® Fibre may assist
weight reduction efforts by helping to produce feelings of fullness.
- Soluble fibres, such as those in IsoWhey® Fibre, may assist with maintaining healthy blood
glucose and cholesterol levels. They also help keep bowels regular and maintain bowel health.
- IsoWhey® Fibre is a convenient form of soluble fibre when eating out.
Simply take the required dose 30 minutes before meals.
| Amorphophallus rivieri (konjac) root ||490mg |
|equiv. to 450mg glucomannan || |
Adults: Take 4 capsules up to four times daily with a full glass of water (250mL) 30 minutes before meals,
or as directed by your healthcare professional.
First-time users: Commence with 4 capsules twice daily and gradually increase to the recommended dose for adults.
- The active ingredient contained in this product has not been shown to be contraindicated in pregnancy or lactation.
- Reduced food intake and increased water intake is recommended with use of IsoWhey® Fibre.
- Use in conjunction with a nutritious diet and exercise program.
- Keep out of reach of children. Not suitable for children.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Consult your pharmacist when taking supplements with pharmaceutical medications.
Certain nutrients enhance the way some medicines work, and help make other medicines safer.
Please ask your pharmacist for further information.
What is the difference between the fibre in IsoWhey® Fibre and the fibre I would get in my diet?
IsoWhey® Fibre is a source of soluble fibre in a convenient capsule form. It contains
glucomannan fibre from the root of the konjac plant and has a high water solubility rate (viscosity) in comparison with other dietary fibres. This means that it has a great potential to add dietary bulk and promote feelings of fullness, which is ideal for individuals who require additional dietary fibre to enhance bowel regularity, and those watching their weight, cholesterol, and/or blood sugar levels.
Why do I need to drink as much as one full glass of water when I take a dose of IsoWhey® Fibre?
IsoWhey® Fibre is a source of soluble fibre and, as such, requires water to form a gel-like substance. This substance provides dietary bulk in the gastrointestinal tract and produces a feeling of fullness.
I am currently on a calorie-controlled diet and would like to increase my fibre intake.
How many calories are in one capsule of IsoWhey® Fibre?
IsoWhey® Fibre is an important consideration in weight loss programs as it creates a
feeling of fullness without any additional calories.
Why do I need to wait 30 minutes after taking IsoWhey® Fibre before eating a meal?
This is the time estimated for the capsules to break down and allow the fibre to take effect.
If you forget to take your capsules before your meal, you may break open the capsules and sprinkle IsoWhey®
Fibre on your food. Remember to follow with a full glass of water after your meal.
- IsoWhey® Fibre contains glucomannan - a soluble, fermentable, and highly viscous dietary fibre derived from the root of the elephant yam or konjac plant, which is native to Asia.3 Glucomannan has been used for over 1000 years in Japan and now is popular in Taiwan.
- The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) recommends the consumption of 25g and 30g of fibre daily for women and men, respectively. Currently, Australian women only consume 20.9g and Australian men only 25.3g.10
3 Keithley J, Swanson B. Glucomannan and obesity: a critical review. Altern Ther Health Med 2005 Nov-Dec;11(6):30-34
10 Department of Health and Ageing, National Health and Medical Research Council, Ministry of Health. Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand. Commonwealth of Australia, 2006.