Environmental services and payments for environmental services (PES)
Environmental services are provided by forest eco-systems along with wood and non-wood products and they benefit human beings with eg, flood mitigation and reduced global warming. The services have conventionally been public goods, but market-based development of some environmental services such as carbon and biodiversity have recently evolved.
The emerging markets and payments for environmental services (PES) offer an opportunity for forest owners, managers and organisations in many locations to have additional economic benefits from forestry. Indufor assists clients to reach the balance between conventional forestry and provision of environmental services.
- Assessment of environmental services potential
- Identification of markets for environmental services
- Design of payment for environmental services schemes (e.g. carbon and biodiversity)
- Carbon markets
- Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD)
- Carbon certification
- Social and environmental risk management
- Capacity building and training