HortPlus MicroLoggers are very cost-effective, small, robust, and simple to use. They are especially ideal for the temperature and humidity monitoring applications in the horticultural industry, from monitoring air and soil temperatures in the orchard through to recording the temperature of fruit in transit (we have literally thousands in use in the kiwifruit and apple industries for tracking fruit temperatures in transit). They can be used over and over again - our warranty is for one year, but under normal operating conditions they will last for 5-10 years or 1 million readings!
These rugged, self-sufficient MicroLoggers are extremely versatile. The durable stainless-steel package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, light moisture, and shock although the seal can degrade over time. There are accessories available to increase the number of applications where these MicroLoggers can be used. The standard and most common accessory is the plastic mounting clip, with this attached the loggers can be mounted on almost any object, including containers, pallets, and bags. While the MicroLoggers are water-resistant, they are not waterproof. For applications with significant exposure to liquids, sprays, or similar environments, we recommended that the micro loggers be placed in the water proof capsule, for use in environments like vats, refrigeration, food processing and veterinary monitoring. For outdoor air temperature recording we recommend the custom radiation screen to help prevent the influence of heat radiation from external sources like the sun.
The data that the MicroLoggers record is transferred to a PC using a USB-reader and PC-software. Please be aware that only HortPlus MicroLoggers will work with our software. Each MicroLogger is factory-lasered with a guaranteed unique 64-bit registration number that allows for absolute traceability. The MicroLoggers can record from 2048 to 8192 temperature or humidity values taken at a user-specified, equidistant, time interval ranging from 1s to 273hrs. Use the HortPlus Temperature Micro-loggers where ever you need a record of temperatures to support claims, check performance, or enhance management.
- Small and discrete, approximately 6mm × 17mm. Small enough to fit inside bins, packed cartons and on pallet cards.
- Very cost effective.
- Sealed, durable stainless steel case withstands harsh environments with generally 5 to 10 years of battery life depending on conditions in which it is used.
- User-specified action in event of memory full - either stop logging, or erase earliest measurements and continue logging.
- Built-in real-time clock (RTC) and timer has accuracy of ±2 minutes per month from 0°C to 45°C
- Unique, factory-lasered and tested 64-bit registration number (8-bit family code + 48-bit serial number + 8-bit CRC tester) assures absolute traceability because no two parts are alike. Registration number can also be held digitally.
- The micro loggers have an IP56 rating. The IP ratings are defined in the IEC standard 60529, which was developed by the lnternational Electrotechnical Commission.
- The software has an automatic winter chilling unit calculator of the recorded data.
The applications are virtually limitless:
- Track temperatures of product in transit. Monitor the performance of your transport operators.
- Cool chain and curing management.
- Coolstore monitoring including kiwifruit storage.
- Compost temperature monitoring.
- Growing Degree Days and Winter Chilling affecting crop and disease management.
- Frost monitoring and management.
- Soil temperature monitoring.
- Anywhere you need a record of temperature to support claims or enhance management.
Micro Logger Models
There are several different models available, below is a table explaining the details of each model we supply.
(SC = Software Correction)
Data Memory Calculator
Select the amount of data memory the logger you would like has (refer to the table above) and type in below how often (minutes) you would require your MicroLogger to record the temperature and/or humidity. This calculator will work out how many days of consecutive readings you will get before your MicroLogger will either stop recording or start overwriting the earliest measurements.
The calculated number will be lower if you are recording both temperature and humidity, or if you choose a lower temperature resolution for the T and TH model MicroLoggers. This calculator is just to give you an idea.
Radiation (Stevenson) Screen
If you are measuring outdoor air temperatures, you should consider a proper shelter as your measuring site. If you leave your MicroLoggers exposed to sun and wind you can expect errors of 15°C or even greater. Our specially designed Stevenson Screen gives your MicroLoggers a good home from which to give you reliable temperature data.
- Shelters the MicroLoggers from the sun and provides passive airflow for accurate temperatures.
- Rugged all metal construction and quality finish to protect against the elements.
- Easily installed in a variety of locations.
Micro Logger Capsule
The MicroLoggers are not water tight and can fail if they are in an area with too much moisture or submerged in liquid. Thankfully there is a solution, the MicroLogger capsule. This device consists of a base with the cavity for a temperature MicroLogger to sit in, a screw-in plug with O-ring to seal the enclosure, and a top with two stainless-steel screws to mount the Capsule to a cable, e.g., to measure temperature at different levels within a liquid.
- Protects against moisture, pressure, and solvents for the temperature range of -40°C to +140°C.
- Base, plug, and top are made of polyphenylene sulfide (PPS).
- The MicroLogger capsule has an IP68 rating. The IP ratings are defined in the IEC standard 60529, which was developed by the lnternational Electrotechnical Commission.
- Easily installed in a variety of locations.
Plastic Mounting Clip
The standard, durable plastic mounting clips that hold one micro logger are recommended and necessary if you wish to fasten the MicroLogger to something, or attach your own label/tag to it.
For new clients we recommend purchasing one of the starter kits, as this will include everything you need to get up and running.
For returning customers all the items of your initial kit can conveniently be purchased separately so you can add to your supplies or replace missing pieces.
All prices are GST exclusive.
Please note that the HortPlus Temperature Micro Logger software will only work with Temperature Micro Loggers bought through HortPlus.
Payment and Shipping
Your order will be shipped as soon as we receive your payment in full. Domestic and international orders will be shipped via NZ Post or NZ Couriers at our discretion.
Make cheques payable to HortPlus (NZ) ltd and mark 'not negotiable'. Don't worry about cheque fees.. all part of our service!
You can e-mail your Visa number to us, or if you prefer send it by fax. See the bottom of the page for details.
Contact us for bank account details for direct payment. See the bottom of the page for details.
HortPlus stands behind its products. If you are not happy, we are not happy!
If a product is defective we will either replace it or refund the purchase price at your direction.
If for any other reason you are not entirely happy with your purchase and you would like to return it for full refund within 30 days of receipt, call us first then return the software, hardware, and any accompanying materials. For a full refund to be available any hardware must be returned in the same condition in which it was shipped to you. Note that demo units are available for most of our products so you can try before you buy. We limit refunds to unit sales, eg if you are interested in purchasing 100 data loggers buy one and try before buying the 100!