thank you for your interest in working with me as your Online Business Manager. To find out if we are a great match, I usually start with a “dating” phase of about three months so that I get to know your business, your team and what your business needs most to grow. I will also review your way of “doing things” and the procedures set in place.
In the first 30 days (1st month):
1. I need to get to know the business:
- Your current business structure
- Your strategy and goals
- How your client Intake system works
- What systems do you use (basically I need to see what is going on in your business and how it’s being stored and found)
2. I will find the current “fires”:
- You have probably contacted me because there are some urgent, “crisis” situations that made you reach out to get management help.
- I will fix the immediate fires you have and you don’t need to do anything right now.
3. I will get an assessment of your current team (virtual assistants, personal assistants, web designer, graphic designer, copywriter, etc.)
- This is to see how efficient your team works, where we have gaps, who might be a double-up, etc.
- this is to learn more about your business and what is going on and what needs to be done to streamline operations and improve services.
The next week we will discuss how the “dating period” went and what we think about the business relationship. I will hand over a report of recommendations and a suggested marketing and operations plan. We will then decide how to move forward.
How will I be remunerated during this month?
I charge a retainer and guarantee you either 20 or 30 hours per month working on your business, depending on your business’ size and monthly income, so it’s a fair and affordable option for you.
If we are happy with our arrangement, we will continue the next two months of setting up my role properly and getting into the nitty gritty.
In the next 30 days (2nd month)
1. I will review and create all project and marketing promotional plans (timeline, delegation, scheduling)
- Get business metrics set up, which includes revenue making activities
2. I will set up a virtual office if it is not set up yet and start processing everything
- I will ask you: “If you could wave a magic wand in the next 90 days what do you want to see happen as a result of us working together?”
- I will take the lead on a project (ie: next month’s teleclass, launch, webinar, product production, etc.) and lead the whole project and team without your input.
3. I will start to to meet weekly with the team (without you as the client being present as it’s not necessary that you are involved in the operations)
- this will streamline all team relations and functions through me, which means you don’t need to deal with the team’s tasks or questions anymore
The next 30 days (3rd month)
1. I will begin gathering the processes that have been set up in your business.
- this can be processes that have been set up properly or
- are “just the way things are done around here”
- I will develop an operations guide and a training manual for your team so that processes are streamlined and always up to the same standard.
2. I will manage the team to finish all current, half done projects
- so there is nothing lying around anymore
3. I will create a job description for every one on the team and what they are doing.
- If you already have those I will review them and see if there are double ups or new skills your team has acquired and haven’t been mentioned yet.
4. I will generate a budget based on past invoices and job descriptions and give you a run down on what is working and what isn’t.
- This includes advice on adding or releasing team members to work more efficiently)
After the first three months we will discuss how things are going and what would we like to change or how we want to move forward.
How will I be remunerated during the second and third month?
As the first month, I charge a retainer and guarantee you either 20 or 30 hours per month working on your business, depending on your business’ size and monthly income, so it’s a fair and affordable option for you.
After the third month we will also discuss how we will work out the ongoing remuneration to match it to your business.
Please note that I cannot be your Online Business Manager (OBM), the person who manages the business, and the virtual assistant (VA), the person who implements and does all the technical parts at the same time. I may help out with a few tasks occasionally when things get tight, but it is simply not possible to be both roles in one, so to work effectively with an Online Business Manager you need to have people who do the “doing” tasks and me who is doing the managing and strategizing part.