Terms and Services - Only Domains
For all purposes in these Terms and Conditions, "OnlyDomains" is the trading name and website operated by Only Domains Limited – NZ Company Number: 2252807.
These Terms and Conditions, together with the applicable country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) Policies constitutes the entire agreement between OnlyDomains and domain name registrant (owner of the registration).
Prior to registration of a Domain Name or the transfer of any Domain Name to OnlyDomains as the Registrar of record, OnlyDomains requires you to have accepted these terms and the applicable ccTLD Policies.
Following are definitions of terms used in these Terms and Conditions.
Approved OnlyDomains Provider
An organisation which provides registration services to Registrants upon the terms of a Approved OnlyDomains Provider contract with OnlyDomains.
Any domain name registered through OnlyDomains as the Registrar of record.
Domain Name Services
Any Domain Name registration, renewal and other services associated with a Domain Name.
A Registrant’s website that is hosted by OnlyDomains in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
An individual or organisation whose Domain Name is registered with OnlyDomains. A Registrant is also referred to as the “Name Holder” of the Domain Name.
The central listing of Domain Names managed and maintained by Registry.
Includes each of the following parties:
- OnlyDomains, the Registry and any other entity with whom any of the preceding parties is in a business relationship;
- every officer, employee, contractor, agent of any entity specified above
- anyone else that OnlyDomains may procure to perform any obligations or duties of OnlyDomains under any agreement you have with OnlyDomains.
Shared Registry System. The system used by the Registry to receive and action Domain Name registration applications and other requests.
The Registrant of the Domain Name.
You agree that:
- You have read and understand these Terms and Conditions and the relevant ccTLD Policies, and agree to be bound by them.
- You have and will satisfy yourself that the use (whether directly or indirectly) of the Domain Name will not infringe the legal rights (including, without limitation, the intellectual property rights) of any third party. You agree to protect each Relevant Party from any such claim.
- You will make sure all information you give OnlyDomains is accurate and complete, keep OnlyDomains informed of changes to any information you give us, and that you have the authority to enter in to this agreement.
- You will only use the Services for lawful purposes.
- You will ensure that any Domain Name registered by you does not interfere with other users of the Internet.
- You will comply with any orders of any authority having jurisdiction in relation to the Services.
- All registered Domain Names must be hosted on at least two pre-configured domain name servers and you are responsible for at all times meeting this obligation.
- You will keep the Registrant ID, and any passwords associated with the Domain Name, together with any other security provided to you in connection with the Domain Name (“Password Information”), confidential, safe and secure. OnlyDomains is not responsible for the misuse of any Password Information whether by yourself, or, by any other person (including, without limitation, any employee or contractor of OnlyDomains).
You warrant that:
- You are an identifiable individual over the age of 18 years of age, or, a legally constituted organisation.
- Any person or legal entity which uses the Domain Name complies with the obligations set out in clause 1.1 above.
- In respect of a Restricted Domain Name, you meet and will continue to meet for the period of the Restricted Domain Name registration the eligibility criteria contained in the Restriction Policies.
You acknowledge that:
- OnlyDomains must adhere to the relevant registry Policies and any instructions received from time to time from the DNC and InternetNZ and from other respective regulatory authorities. Accordingly, you agree that OnlyDomains is entitled to take all actions that may be reasonably necessary or prudent to comply with the relevant ccTLD Policies or any such instructions received from time to time from the registries without incurring any liability to you or any person for whom you are responsible.
- Only Domains validates new customers for the purpose of filtering potential fraudulent orders. Accordingly, you agree that if you are a new customer, Only Domains is under no obligation fulfill your order until your account has passed our validation test. You also agree that we are not bound by our obligations to fulfill your order until your account has been successfully validated.
You agree that:
- You will ensure that any Hosted Website and any email sent or received from or by an Email Address:
- does not infringe any intellectual property rights of any person;
- does not contain any material which is obscene, offensive, upsetting, defamatory, insulting, abusive or in any way unsuitable for persons under the age of 18 years;
- is not comprised or is not used for any unlawful purpose or activity.
- OnlyDomains does not provide website maintenance services in respect of any Hosted Website. Without limiting this exclusion, you also agree that OnlyDomains accepts no responsibility for any deficiency or inaccuracy in any Hosted Website that is attributable to defects in that website.
When providing any Domain Name Services, OnlyDomains will:
- Comply with all relevant ccTLD Policies and accurately represent these Policies to you.
- Disclose accurately and completely all the terms and conditions (including price and billing information) associated with the provision of the registration of a Domain Name to you, and the maintenance of the Domain Name sought to be used by you.
- Comply with your lawful directions in a diligent and timely manner regarding the Domain Name (including, without limitation, relating to registration, cancellation, amendment, deletion and associated technical support and billing).
- Process any Domain Name registrations with the Register within 72 hours from the time that OnlyDomains receives all the information required to complete the registration.
- Notify you of the registration of the Domain Name including the details of the Domain Name, your contact details, OnlyDomains’s contact details, the registration period and the passwords for the Domain Name.
- Arrange for correction of any error in the information in the register about the registered Domain Name when requested by you.
- Provide the password for the Domain Name to you, or to someone that OnlyDomains reasonably believes is acting on your behalf, when requested and at no charge. We agree to take reasonable care to satisfy ourselves that you have permitted that person to act on behalf of you.
- Use your personal information only as authorised by you and otherwise, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Take all reasonable commercial steps to safeguard and protect all information about you stored in OnlyDomains’s databases and systems.
- Comply with any order or authority having jurisdiction regarding the Domain Name registered to you.
- Use best endeavours to deal with any complaints you may have about the Domain Name Services.
You agree that:
- Registration of a Domain Name by OnlyDomains is carried out on a "first come, first served" basis.
- Registration of a Domain Name confers no property or ownership rights to that Domain Name.
- Upon the registration of a Domain Name by you, your contact details, the Domain Name, its commencement and expiry date, the address and details of the nameservers for the Domain Name and OnlyDomains’s name becomes publicly available to any member of the public.
- The Domain Name is registered in your name only because no other person has it according to the records of the Register.
- The entry of a domain name in the “whois” database will not be taken as evidence of anything other than the registration of the Domain Name.
- OnlyDomains will not become involved (whether directly or indirectly) in any dispute pertaining to the Domain Name and where a conflict arises between Name Holders or prospective Registrants about the Domain Name registration, those parties must resolve the issue independently of OnlyDomains.
- The details held in the Register shall be treated as correct and as the authoritative record.
- OnlyDomains does not accept any responsibility for the content of a Name Holder’s website and OnlyDomains shall not be obliged to enforce the removal of content from a website unless it has been instructed by a Court Order to do so.
OnlyDomains provides a free parking service to the owner of the domain in order to publicise the Domain name to third parties, and in no way endorses any meaning it may have for visitors. Any links that may appear on this page are provided by a third-party for advertising purposes and have not been chosen nor specifically approved by OnlyDomains. If you wish to remove this page please advise us.
- OnlyDomains will endeavour to provide the Web and Email Services with due care and skill, however, OnlyDomains does not guarantee the availability of the Web and Email Services. OnlyDomains will remedy any unavailability of the Web and Email Services as soon as it is able but does not guarantee that any unavailability will be resolved outside OnlyDomains’s trading hours. In addition, OnlyDomains does not guarantee that any Web and Email Service will be:
- interruption or fault free or that any faults or errors will be corrected;
- available at any particular time or location; available, or available without change, for any minimum period of time;
- secure or private;
- free of viruses or other harmful features.
- You may cancel a Domain Name or any Web and Email Service at any time by notifying OnlyDomains in writing. You agree that:
- OnlyDomains will have no liability to you whatsoever in relation to such deletion and/or cancellation.
- Either party may terminate this agreement and cancel the Domain Name on one month’s written notice to the other party.
You agree that:
- Where you have appointed an Approved OnlyDomains Provider to manage your Domain Name, and the Approved OnlyDomains Provider provides you with billing services, the fees payable for any Domain Name Service, and the payment terms for that Domain Name Service, will be as agreed between you and the Approved OnlyDomains Provider; or
- Where you have elected to manage your own Domain Name, or have appointed an Approved OnlyDomains Provider to manage your Domain Name which does not supply billing services to you:
- OnlyDomains may alter any fees set out in this clause at any time on 30 days prior written notice; and
- the payment terms related to any Domain Name Service and/or OnlyDomains Service include the following:
- All fees are payable in advance unless specified otherwise.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- A renewal fee is payable in respect of the renewal of each Domain Name registration.
- OnlyDomains has no obligation to record the registration of any Domain Name if OnlyDomains has not received the applicable fees for that Domain Name.
- Failure to pay the domain name renewal fee in respect of a Domain Name registration will result in cancellation of that domain name registration
- If you transfer the Domain Name to another entity or Registrar all charges owing to OnlyDomains as at the date of the transfer are immediately due for payment.
- Only Domains Limited has the discretionary right to refund in part or in full any non-refundable fees where Instra Corporation has confirmed in writing the existence of such a billing irregularity, and
- Only Domains Limited may require you to return signed documentation before exercising its discretionary right to process a refund
- By registering a Domain Name, OnlyDomains is not acknowledging that any person has any rights in the name or words comprised in the Domain Name and does not authorise any person to use the Domain Name in the course of trade.
- You agree that no Relevant Party will have any liability to you for any claim arising from any breach of this agreement by a Relevant Party or any act or omission of any Relevant Party except where any Relevant Party has acted in bad faith.
- You agree that where a Relevant Party has acted in bad faith, or where OnlyDomains has acted negligently, the liability of such party to you will be capped to the amount of the fees paid by you to OnlyDomains in the month immediately prior to the event of liability in respect of the Domain Name.
- All conditions and warranties, which may be implied by law into this contract, are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so. You agree that this clause 10.4 is for the benefit of each Relevant Party.
- You indemnify and hold harmless OnlyDomains on its own behalf, and as agent for each other Relevant Party, from and against all liability or loss, cost, expense or damage (including reasonable attorneys fees) incurred or sustained as a result of, or in connection with:
- any claim or dispute pertaining to the registration of the Domain Name, whether in your name or in such name as you direct;
- any claim that the manner in which the Domain Name or other Service is directly or indirectly used by you or anyone for whom you are responsible infringes the legal rights of any third party;
- any other claim relating to the use by you or anyone for whom you are responsible, of the Domain Name, or any service provided to you under these Terms and Conditions; or
- any claim arising in relation to the content or operation of any Hosted Website (other than claims caused by OnlyDomains’s breach of these Terms and Conditions); and provided that, you shall not be required to indemnify and hold harmless OnlyDomains for any claims arising from OnlyDomains’ negligence or bad faith.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, these Terms and Conditions contain all the terms of our relationship and continues to apply no matter where you are located at the time any of the Services are provided or where you reside, and shall continue to apply until these Terms and Conditions are cancelled or terminated, except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- OnlyDomains may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any third party upon prior written notice to you.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable in whole or in part all other provisions contained herein shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- Each provision of these Terms and Conditions is separately binding on OnlyDomains. If, for any reason, you, any Relevant Party cannot rely on any applicable provision in these Terms and Conditions, all other applicable provisions in these Terms and Conditions shall nonetheless be binding.
- To the extent permitted, the parties agree that:
- any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions must be brought within 60 days from the date on which the event giving rise to the dispute or claim occurred;
- where you or any Registrant for whom you are acting as agent supplies incorrect information regarding a Domain Name and OnlyDomains incurs costs in any matter concerning that Domain Name, OnlyDomains may recover those costs from you.
- The cancellation or termination of these Terms and Conditions will not affect any rights or obligations that have arisen prior to such cancellation or termination of these Terms and Conditions, and which by their nature survive (or should survive) the cancellation or termination, including, without limitation, any warranties, indemnities and limitations of liability provisions.
- OnlyDomains reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by thirty days’ prior written notice to you (“Relevant Notice Period”). You agree that your use of any Domain Name or other Service following the expiry of the Relevant Notice Period will constitute your acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
- Where the Registrant transfers its Domain Name from OnlyDomains to another Registrar in accordance with the relevant ccTLD Policies and these Terms and Conditions, the parties agree that these Terms and Conditions will terminate effective from the date of such transfer.
- The parties agree that these Terms and Conditions will expire where the Registrant’s Domain Name licence expires and is not renewed by the Registrant prior to the deletion of the Domain Name.