We recommend frost fans are serviced annually to avoid costly breakdowns in the frost season. Remember, lack of use is the major course of failure in frost fans.
New Zealand Frost Fans offers a wide range of services to the New Zealand horticulture and viticulture industry including:
‣ Annual routine and preventative maintenance/servicing of all frost fans.
‣ Specialised upgrades and modifications (V8 to Diesel engine conversions, auto start conversions and engine protection, manual to centrifugal clutch changeout, centrifugal clutch upgrades 8” to 10”, 2 blade fan upgrades, 2 to 4 blade conversions etc.)
‣ True 24 hour 7 day emergency repair service through our support network,
‣ Largest range of frost fan spares in New Zealand,
‣ Complete fan re-location service - whether it be on the same property or from one site to another
‣ Full Annual Service:
‣ Tower/fan/engine inspection, operation and safety check which includes:
‣ Qualified frost fan technicians to undertake the service,
‣ Use of our custom built frost fan service bucket trucks,
‣ Inspection and/or change of all oils and coolants on tower and engine,
‣ Check all bolts top to bottom for tightness and condition, including the fan assembly
‣ Inspection of all engine fittings, connections, filters and operation,
‣ Check of engine rpm and fan function.
‣ Tower Service:
‣ Complete tower service which includes:
‣ Inspection and/or oil change of top and bottom gearboxes,
‣ Inspection of fan assembly and driveline.