SolidWorks Simulation is a full-featured finite element stress analysis (FEA) package that runs as part of SolidWorks Premium.
Specifically tailored for designers and engineers who are not specialists in design validation, SolidWorks Simulation helps improve product quality by indicating how SolidWorks models will behave before they are built. Go beyond simple hand calculations by verifying your intuitions and study the real-world performance of different design alternatives without ever leaving the SolidWorks window.
SolidWorks Simulation provides simple, accurate design analysis that leads to better products by giving designers a safety net for catching errors. Designers are free to innovate, secure in the knowledge that they won't pass costly mistakes down the line.
Complete integration with SolidWorks Simulation users can perform design analysis, simulation and optimization directly from their SolidWorks user interface.
SolidWorks Simulation enables faster, less costly, and more optimized product development, as well as more in-depth examination of product performance than would ever be possible using even the most detailed prototypes.
Fully embedded inside the SolidWorks interface, SolidWorks Simulation utilizes the SolidWorks FeatureManager® and many of the same mouse and keyboard commands, so anyone who can design a part in SolidWorks can analyze it without having to learn a new interface. SolidWorks Simulation contains the most frequently used design validation tools, offering stress, strain, and displacement analysis capabilities for both parts and assemblies at a very affordable price.
With SolidWorks Simulation you can:
- Compare alternative designs easily and quickly so you can choose the optimal design for final production
- Study interaction between different assembly components
- Simulate real-world operating conditions to see how your model handles stress, strain and displacement
- Spend less time on specifics with automated tools that simplify the validation process
- Interpret results with powerful and intuitive visualization tools
- Collaborate and share results with everyone involved in the product development process