Groundwork Associates Limited
Groundwork Associates designs and delivers programmes that stimulate discussion, learning and the exchange of ideas to help our clients achieve positive and lasting change. We also provide support services to help our clients effectively engage with people in writing or through events.
- Professional facilitation and design of participatory processes
- Consultation and social research
- Communication services: strategy development, writing and editing
- Training: in facilitation, consultation, participatory management
- Strategic advice: engagement processes, participatory learning, sustainable agriculture and resource management
- Project management (including rigorous budget tracking and reporting)
- Event management and coordination
- Secretariat services (including minute-taking, database and subscription management and financial reporting)
Facilitation is a powerful tool to help engage groups in discussion and decision-making. A skilled facilitator will create a safe, neutral environment in which ideas and issues can be raised, heard and explored in a constructive way even when a group involves a disparate range of personalities, roles, or heated issues. We design and manage processes that involve participants effectively and meet clear objectives. Through years of experience we have developed strategies to keep discussion flowing and prevent individuals from hijacking or holding back. There will generally be a higher level of buy-in or support for a decision, idea or solution agreed upon through a facilitated process and any follow-up action has a higher chance of success.
Facilitation can be valuable for government organisations, businesses or volunteer/charitable groups needing to:
- Consult with the community
- Manage change
- Formulate a vision, mission or strategy
- Gather ideas for resources or policies
- Resolve concerns/conflict
- Analyse or build a team
- Conduct market research
Groundwork specialises in developing clear, plain-English documents that are helpful tools for decision-making or action. Having a strong in-house writing team means we can turn around workshop notes quickly and can work with the facilitator to ensure they accurately reflect the workshop experience and are useful for the client going forward.
“Understanding, very personable, timely..and [they have] a genuine understanding of adult education. They've been great to work with and I look forward to working with them in the future.” Lynda Clark, Network for Women in Dairying.
“Groundwork has wide experience in both the interview and survey approach, and the technical aspects of agriculture, environmental issues and social sciences. They gave good value for money. Working with them was a wholly pleasant experience and I would be happy to repeat it on other suitable projects.” Dave Clark, DairyNZ.