Based on the industry-leading Virtual Building technology of ArchiCAD 14, ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2011 has been tailored to the needs of smaller architectural practices. ArchiCAD SE2011 contains all the tools necessary to create the Virtual Building model from which the entire architectural documentation is derived. It also provides the latest DWG-DXF and IFC 2x3 interfaces for file exchange with external applications.
STAR(T) Edition 2011 introduces workflow solutions and delivers a wide array of productivity and collaboration improvements focusing on the most requested global and local customer wishes.
STAR(T) Edition 2011 can read files created with:
- STAR(T) Edition 2006 or newer versions
- ArchiCAD 8.1 and 9
- PlotMaker 3.1
Where to buy
To purchase ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2011, contact an ArchiCAD Reseller.
Limitations of ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2011 compared to ArchiCAD 14 include:
- Collaboration limitations: No Teamwork / Hot Linked Modules / External Drawings / XRefs / Reviewer / PMK file format support / Publisher.
- Modeling limitations: No Curtain Wall / Slanted (straight and curved) wall, column, beam / Profiled (straight and curved) wall, column, beam, / Profile Manager.
- Visualization limitations: No LightWorks rendering / Sketch rendering.
- Performance limitation: No 64-bit version.
- Project Organization limitation: No License Borrowing.
Of course, if you want to take advantage of the entire range of ArchiCAD features and benefits, you can upgrade at any time to the current, full version of ArchiCAD and continue editing your previous projects with it.