What is Q-COMP
Insurance Advice, Workers Compensation, Insurance Management
- O versees the Queensland workers' compensation scheme
- An independent statutory authority; receives no government funding
- Four main functions; regulating, resolving disputes, educating and managing data.
Full division of the insurance and regulatory functions was approved by the Government under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003.
Q-COMP’s responsibility for overseeing the Queensland workers’ compensation scheme is delivered through four main activities:
- monitoring insurer performance and compliance with the Workers' Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 (the Act)
- deciding self-insurance applications
- approving amounts payable under an industrial instruments
- monitoring employer rehabilitation compliance and providing advice
- collecting fees and administering grants.
2. Resolving disputes
- reviewing insurer decisions
- managing appeals of review decisions
- supporting the medical assessment tribunals (MAT).
3. Educating and informing
- promoting education about the workers' compensation scheme.
4. Managing data
- maintaining and analysing statistics and reporting on the scheme.
, Insurance Advice
, Insurance Management
, Third Party Claims Administration
, Workers Compensation
Contact Gallagher Bassett
Email - none provided
Print this page