environmental consultant services:
Preparation of Assessments of
Environmental Effects for resource consent applications - primarily
discharge permits and water permits.
- Preparation of Assessments of Environmental Effects
(AEEs) required under the Resource Management Act, including
consultation with the consent authority and people or organisations
interested in or potentially affected by a proposal.
- Coordination of key experts for a complex proposal.
Auditing resource consent applications - primarily discharge permits
and water permits.
- Auditing resource consent applications for consent authorities to
assess whether an application has complied with all the
requirements of the Resource Management Act including relevant
Regional Policy Statement and regional rule requirements. Making a
recommendation on whether to grant or decline an application.
Project management of major consent
applications - primarily discharge permits and water permits.
- Technical coordination of major resource consent applications including
integration with legal and planning advice.
Regional plan development advice,
particularly policies and rules
- Provision of advice to regional councils in the development of
regional plans and section 42A officer reports on
proposed regional plans.
Advice on submissions on regional
plans and resource consent applications
- Assistance with the preparation of submissions on regional plan
and resource consent applications relating to environmental quality
or water resource management.
Commissioner and mediation
- Technical and sole commissioner role - MfE certified
- Mediation roles for resolution of resource consent appeals and
regional plan formulation issues.
Management of consent appeal and
regional plan development processes
- Technical coordination of consent appeal and regional plan
development processes including mediation
Training on writing rules and consent
- Provision of training on how to develop rules and resource consent conditions that deliver
environmental results that are certain, lawful, and enforceable.
Resource consent and wider
environmental compliance advice
- Provision of advice on measures needed to comply with all
Resource Management Act requirements and wider environmental risk
Contaminated site management
- Advice on measures needed to avoid, remedy or mitigate adverse
effects that may arise from a contaminated site.
Resource management science
- Advice to regional councils on investigation and monitoring
- Advice to central government agencies on Resource Management Act science and research