Extended DISC | Assessment Tools | Disc Profile and Assessment | Online Disc Behavioral Profiles - ftool
Extended Disc North America
| || |
| FeedForward Tool (by Marshall Goldsmith)Providing feedback has long been considered to be an essential skill for leaders. As they strive to achieve the goals of the organization, employees need to know how they are doing. They need to know if their performance is in line with what their leaders expect. They need to learn what they have done well and what they need to change.But there is a fundamental problem with all types of feedback: it focuses on the past, on what has already occurred – not on the infinite variety of opportunities that can happen in the future. As such, feedback can be limited and static, as opposed to expansive and dynamic. |
What is Marshall Goldsmith FeedForward Tool?The purpose of the Marshall Goldsmith FeedForward Tool is to provide individuals, teams and organizations with suggestions for the future and to help them achieve a positive change in the behavior.Ten Reasons to use FeedForward Tool:
About Dr. Marshall GoldsmithMarshall Goldsmith is a world authority in helping successful leaders achieve positive, measurable change in behavior: for themselves, their people and their teams. The American Management Association has recently named Marshall as one of 50 great thinkers and business leaders who have influenced the field of management over the last 80 years.Video of Marshall Goldsmith and FeedForwardFor more information about the FeedForward Tool, contact us today!+65 3158 1228
- We can change the future. We can’t change the past.
- It can be more productive to help people be “right,” than prove they were “wrong.”
- Feedforward is especially suited to successful people.
- Feedforward can come from anyone who knows about the task. It does not require personal experience with the individual.
- People do not take feedforward as personally as feedback.
- Feedback can reinforce personal stereotyping and negative self-fulfilling prophecies.
- Face it! Most of us hate getting negative feedback, and we don’t like to give it.
- Feedforward can cover almost all of the same “material” as feedback.
- Feedforward tends to be much faster and more efficient than feedback.
- Feedforward can be a useful tool to apply with managers, peers and team members.