Packages of Care
Sustainable Solutions – Healthy Living
Packages of Care is an intensive and flexible mobile support service for adults aged 18 years and over who experience mental illness. The service is a wrap around one for individuals who have multiple needs. Hours of support can be adjusted from week to week. We support our clients spiritually, mentally and physically and offer a variety of services to suit their individual needs.
Assistance is given to help individuals manage their wellbeing as well as:
• Find and maintain the housing they wish to have
• Obtain work or undertake study
• Widen friendship networks
• Liase with other services providing support to the individual
• Involve family or friends in the wellbeing journey
• Access to Equip’s own Dietician for assistance around weight management and eating well and affordably on a tight budget
• The opportunity to receive support from Equip’s Spirituality Co-ordinator to find a spiritual home in the community of your choice
Support Workers will work with each person to:
• Achieve their goals, celebrate successes and make barriers in life easier to get around. We use the tools of Professor Charles Rapp's Strengths Model in order to attain achieve these.
• Identify their strengths and maximise their potential in their community. We help to access essential resources within their community to increase opportunities and choices.
• Work closely with clinical teams and family/whānau where appropriate. Recovery, hope and an improved quality of life are more likely to occur when services and people who use them, work together.
How to access this service
Anyone over the age of 18 who has a mental health diagnosis, such as
• Bipolar disorder;
• Depression; or
• Anxiety disorders
If you would like further information, please contact the Packages of Care Team on 09 477 0338.
The Packages of Care service is available on the North Shore, West Auckland and Rodney districts.
More Detail about our services