Youth Services | Youth Services
The Enabling Youth Programme is a 3 month one day per week, comprehensive intervention. It was established to assist at risk Youth/Rangatahi aged between 14 and 24 years of age.
The programme was developed with a vision to work alongside Youth, who are challenged with abusive/violent behaviours. This programme deals with numerous issues such as:
- Lack of self esteem.
- Substance abuse.
- Relationship management.
- Difficult with Life skills.
- Difficulty with Problem solving techniques.
- Coping grief and loss.
- Unsure of Safety planning.
- Turning self defeating beliefs into rational helpful beliefs.
- Programmes are currently delivered by a co-gendered team of two Tutors, who have extensive expertise working with violent perpetrators and challenging youth.
- Groups are delivered on a single gender and age basis, to ensure cultural safety.
- There is a comprehensive assessment process, that allows an opportunity to identify the individual requirements of each client including cultural and support areas. In addition, it provides a framework that assists in determining whether the programme is the most compatible intervention tool to meet the young person’s needs.
- Personal Development and Education Plans is an important feature of our programme. They focus on the goals of the young person and assist in ‘staircasing’ them towards achieving their identified goals. If deemed appropriate, a collaborative process is also undertaken, which may include liaising with other agencies.
- The programme is delivered using a balanced approach, including health, fitness and teamwork which is provided through a diverse range of social activities.
- Lunch is provided with a focus on nutrition. This also allows students an opportunity to develop social and life skills.
- Guest speakers are engaged to present various topics of interest to young people. Some topics include budgeting, life skills, leadership, drug and alcohol abuse, and education and employment opportunities.
- In addition, our programme is flexible, for example, our programme is currently being delivered off site within community organisations. This supports the diverse needs of various client groups, as we can adapt the programme accordingly.
Contact Enabling Youth
Email - none provided
Print this page