LED & CFL Lighting

By: Element 82  06-Dec-2011

Marexim Energy Efficient Safety Bulbs are the new design to resolve the unsightly requirement for pig tail blubs effecting the way you view your designer light fittings. The come in Bayonet Cap or Edison Screw fittings as well as 5 popular blub shapes. We also offer Energy Efficient LED's to replace Halogen bulbs for 240VAC and 12DC lights.

CFL Facts and Figures

  • New generation halogen bulbs last twice as long
  • New generation halogen bulbs look the same as traditional incandescent light bulbs but use 30% less electricity and have a rated life that is twice as long.
  • A quality energy saving CFL should last a minimum of 6,000 hours (some last up to 15,000 hours), whereas an incandescent bulb will generally burn out at around 1,000 hours.
  • Energy efficient IRC halogen spotlights use 30% less electricity than standard halogen spotlights and are rated to last for 5,000 hours (standard spotlights are only rated to last 2,000 hours).
  • CFL's use 80% less electricty
  • CFLs run cooler than traditional incandescent light bulbs and typically use around 80% less electricity.
  • Incandecent bulbs waste 95% energy
  • Incandescent bulbs convert only 5% of electricity to light (the other 95% is wasted as heat).
  • A 20W CFL has the equivilent output of a 100W incandescent lamp
  • A good quality 20W CFL has similar light output to a 100W incandescent lamp and should have a rated life at least six times as long.
  • A 70W new generation halogen bulb has similar light output to a 100W traditional incandescent light bulb and will last twice as long.
  • For dimmer circuits, either a dimmable CFL or a new generation halogen lamp are suitable replacements for a standard incandescent bulb.
  • Energy efficient bulbs cost more to buy but save you more money in the long run (they burn less power and last longer).
    (Source: www.rightlight.govt.nz, 2009)

LED Lights by Street Source are virtually in-destructible, with a 180 degree light dispersion, these LED's are smartly sized to reach those hard to get to areas on your vehicle. Drawing only 350 Milliamps of current so you can leave the lights on at car shows or cruise nights without having to leave the vehicle running. 


Contact Element 82

Email - none provided

Print this page

Other products and services from Element 82

06-Dec-2011

Element 82 Products, Odyssey Batteries, CTEK Battery Chargers, Lifeline Battery, Midtronics and more

Our range of products cover everything from batteries for Reserve, Automotive, Motorsport, Aviation to Smart Chargers, Inverters, Solar Panels, Generators and much more. The Importers and Distributors of quality DC power equipment from leading manufacturers from around the globe. For assistance please give us a call on 09- 476 4171.


06-Dec-2011

A charger for every occasion

EPS supplies Switch-Mode Battery Chargers and Power Supplies suitable for automotive, marine, aviation, motorcycles, caravans, farm equipments, electric wheelchairs and scooters, golf buggies, motor homes and RAPS. Volt XC series, 12 volt XS series, 24 volt XT seriesUp to an 8 stage charging system to revive, charge and maintain all in one simple, stylish compact unit.


06-Dec-2011

Chargers / Inverters

12 volt 2.7Kw Inverter with 125 amp 12 volt charger or 24 volt 4.1 Kw Inverter with 24 volt 105 Amp Charger, from leading engineers originally from Trace then Xantrex and now Magnum Energy. Compact, MultiPlus, Phoenix, Centaur & Blue Power are all names synonomous with Victron, they have power solutions for most applications. Victron Energy - European Marine Grade chargers, inverters and inverter/chargers.


06-Dec-2011

Generators

Honda’s scientifically developed technologies make it possible to offer consistent delivery of “clean power” which means more reliability and less interruptions. With leading 4-stroke technology and innovation, Honda continues to evolve with product features securing its position as the generator of choice.