Welcome to the workshop. Operating from our Carroll Street
premises in Dunedin, EMD offers a wide range of services and
solutions for all jobs of all sizes. Using the latest equipment and
working to industrial standards we can maintain, repair or rewind
most electrical motors, generators and pumps.
Preventative maintenance saves you money and is a vital part of
ensuring the longevity of your machinery and keeping your operation
going. Interruptions are costly and replacements can be expensive -
Maintenance is predictable and cost effective.
EMD employs both rewinders and electricians, enabling us to
isolate affected plant on site and carry out diagnostics and
repairs fast and efficiently.
For scheduled maintenance services that can be tailored to suit
your requirements, give us a call talk to us about your
For all repairs we offer in-house or on-site inspections and
provide an estimate of cost prior to commecing work. We will
discuss the best course of action and work with you to get your
problem solved as fast as possible.
- All single and three phase motors (rewinding and repair)
- All DC rewinding and repair
- DC traction motor rewinding and repair
- Generator rewinding and repair
- Transformer design, manufacture and rewinding
- Commutator repairs
- Induction furnace coils
- Welder repairs and rewinds
- Truck retarder unit repair and rewinds
- Locomotive traction motors and motor generator sets
- Wind generator rewinding and repairs
- Hydro generator repairs
- Commercial food equipment repairs
We offer delivery and pick-up services and all jobs are tracked
and treated with care and urgency.
Guarantee: The workmanship and materials used in the
repairs to customer's equipment is guaranteed by EMD for a period
of 12 months.
Sometimes it is less costly to buy a new unit rather than repair
or rewind. We stock or source a wide variety of parts and units
from a range of suppliers. If it can't be repaired, we can organise
- Single phase motors (all ranges)
- Three phase motors (.12kw - 75kw in stock)
- Three phase motors (75kw - 330kw overnight, larger on
- Parts and components
- Pumps, Generators and Variable Speed Drives
For more information take a look at the product pages.
If a replacement or parts are not available, difficult to obtain
or simply not cost effective, refurbishing existing motors can be
an option. EMD specialises in refurbishing existing equipment and
giving new life to older machines. We can also convert existing,
working, motors to suit new requirements.
Refurbishing existing motors can save you money. Talk to us
EMD provides a variety of on-site services to ensure your new or
repaired motors, pumps and other equipment work reliably and as
This includes the installation (fitting) or removal of