We pride ourselves in providing a Full Architectural Service including, Preliminary design, Concept Design, Developed Design through to Detailed Design, Building Consent Drawings and Specifications, Construction Administration, Site Observation and Practical Completion. The practice is able to undertake Resource Consent applications for projects if required.
- Architects with Vision and determination to achieve the ultimate in Design.
- The combination of free hand sketching, painting, photography, physical model making, computer rendering and animation is used to communicate ideas throughout the design process.
- Balance between Creativity and Practicality is achieved through the collective skills of the team.
- Excellent Communication and Co-ordination
- Project Documentation and Contract Administration
- Successful realisation of projects from inception to completion
- Multi-Award Winning Architects Nationally and Internationally
Design Engine Architects has 10 Point Sustainable Design Green Plans for Subdivision Design and Architectural Design. These Sustainable Design Principles focus on the provision of the following passive design elements as fundamentals:
- Admitting winter sun for heat and light
- Using thermal mass to store and radiate heat
- Reducing heat loss and gain with good insulation
- Excluding summer sun to avoid overheating
- Using openings to provide cross ventilation for cooling
- Locating and orientating buildings on site to maximise effects of solar gain and air flows
The integration of passive principles encourages healthy, comfortable living and working environments.
We are currently Architects for an Eco Tourist Centre in Niue and an Eco-Village in the Waipa District.
Design Engine Architects typically produces 2-3 options for review but will have 1 preferred option. This allows for creative exploration and a variety of solutions where design is regarded as fundamental. We work in free-hand and cad mediums to create the Concept Design. The design options are normally developed and presented in free-hand sketch format and 3D Perspectives and 2D Plans, Elevations and Sections. The design is then modelled in 3D on computer to produce 3D Renders for Visualisation and refined to form the basis of the 2D working drawings
Design Engine Architects provides a project structure of Director/Registered Architect leading a team of a Project Architect and Architectural Technician/Drafting Staff as required. All are equipped with computer processors and cad software. All staff members are cad literate and work to a combined philosophy of the pursuit of design excellence and thorough documentation. We have the in-house capability to produce manual and computer generated drawings and models, including 3D Visualisation and Rendering material. Our unique strength is being able to craft our Team around the particular needs of a project.
Good communication between Client, Consultants and Project Manager.
Comprehensive detailed design and documentation with meticulous attention to construction and waterproofing details.
The use of practical and appropriate construction methods and materials.
A value engineering process with Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor and Contractor to work to defined budget and programme.
Weekly in-house resource/project meetings and detail construction value engineering.
Design Engine Documentation Guidelines act as an in-house checklist ensuring good Office Practice and Quality Assurance.
We pride ourselves in providing a full service where the Architect's design ideas are realised throughout the whole process of the delivery of the building.
As an Accredited NZIA Practice we work to the
Design Documentation Guidelines which provide a comprehensive checklist for all work stages.
Projects are subjected to in house design and technical reviews by the Design Engine Team, documented, co-ordinated and then actioned by the Project Director. All critical decisions are formalised in writing to ensure the Project Team are kept well informed.
Design Engine Architects will expect as a minimum for the Contractor to provide a Health and Safety plan and that Health and Safety issues are dealt with as an agenda item at each site meeting. All Design Engine staff involved on site are required to be Site Safe Passport registered.