Like any industry, farming has its ups and downs and external factors such as a change in commodity prices and exchange rates can affect your revenue.
Therefore you may want to consider investing beyond the farm to help you preserve and grow your capital in a diversified manner. Diversification can spread the risk of all your investments underperforming because of a ‘bad year on the farm’.
By investing beyond the farm you can:
- Minimise the effect of inflation eroding the value of your investments
- Spread the risk of having ‘all your eggs in one basket’
- Source an income stream from beyond the farm
- Help mitigate the changes in your asset value and income from the fluctuations in currency and commodity prices
- Maintain the real spending power of your savings
Want to find out more?
Read our introduction guide
Read our FMG strategic alliance brochure
Read our brochure