Providing individualised programmes to meet identified needs.
Day Service is based in Lower Hutt and offers an individualised service for people who have physical, sensory and/or language impairments.
The facilities are equipped with computer access, sensory equipment, accessible toilets and shower, personal cares room and large open communal room. An accessible van is available for outings.
Day Service is part-funded by the Ministry of Health (MoH) for some people; others can attend through other funding arrangements.
At Day Service, you'll have the opportunity to participate in some or all of the following:
- Develop a support plan to identify the goals you wish to achieve
- Participate in group activities that will assist you to work towards your goals, eg swimming, sports, art, music
- Participate in individual activities that will assist you to work towards your goals, eg computer, sensory activities, massage, reading, walks, outings
- Develop an alternative communication system to meet your needs
- Attend community groups and/or events that are relevant to your goals
- Make links with other organisations that may be able to assist you to achieve your goals, eg Porirua Aquatic & Recreational Centre, Dawn Trust, Essenic Trust
Hours of operation Monday to Friday 9.30am-3.30pm, except public holidays.