Service - ComFlor - composite steel floor decks
Composite Floor, Floor Decking, Composite Floor Decking
Tata Steel New Zealand employ a very experienced ComFlor team who offer
the following services.
Design phase advisory service
We offer free advice and assistance in the following areas:
- We retain our own engineer who can be called upon for design assistance
- We can assist with cost comparisons relative to alternative systems.
Construction phase advisory service
Our aim is to make life on site as simple and as quick as possible. We assist
with this by:
- Giving assistance with construction details and methodology on site.
- Giving advice on pour sequencing to minimise deflections and concrete usage.
- Assistance with health and safety.
- Advice on logistics.
Free in-practice presentations
Our experienced representatives are quite happy to meet with you. We will
customise their presentation to meet your needs. But are quite happy to speak on:
- Developments in the mid-floor market in New Zealand: Keeping you informed of
new products and cost developments in the New Zealand market.
- ComFlor technical engineering questions: Our presenters have solid engineering
backgrounds and can answer difficult technical questions related to ComFlor
and mid-floors in general.
- ComFlor construction hints and tips: Our presenters have practical experience
so we can answer difficult construction related questions.
- Costing comparisons across system types: An interesting overview of cost
comparisons across systems.
- New international construction trends: Through our sister companies around
the world we are familiar with international construction trends and can often
share these with you.
- We offer ComFlor software to assist you as you design with ComFlor.
- This software has been developed by the Steel Construction Institute of the
United Kingdom using the latest industry thinking available. It is incredibly
flexible software that takes into consideration point loads, line loads and fire
configurations, as well as the use of normal or lightweight concrete. Using
these and other input variables ComFlor software creates span configurations
for mid-floors constructed from ComFlor.
- ComFlor has its own specialist installation division, known as Composite Floor
Decking Limited (CFDL) for the installation of ComFlor and welded shear studs.
- As part of Studwelders UK, CFDL is part of a large international installation
company. As such it brings very high levels of professionalism to everything
it does, for instance the latest technology for doing ‘as-built drawings’ and
creating accurate cutting lists. They also produce fully detailed construction
drawings of the decking, so constructors can monitor progress.
- CFDL offer national coverage with offices in both Auckland and Christchurch.
- They pride themselves on doing jobs efficiently and in a very safe manner.
- CFDL have four resident teams that can work independently or linked together
to handle any size of project. When increased labour resources are required
the international nature of the Studwelders network means man power can be
imported as demand dictates.
- CFDL can provide a fixed ‘supply and install’ price or simply a ’supply’ price
for self installation of ComFlor, however for best results it is recommended you
take advantages of the experienced CFDL team to keep your project on track.
, Composite Floor Decking
, Floor Decking