Michelle van Dyk is an experienced and fully qualified child psychologist who can provide one hour consultations to assist you and your child with:
Michelle's services include:
- Devising behaviour plans for families.
- Providing trauma counselling for children affected by the earthquakes.
- Carrying out observations of your child in the preschool or school setting.
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) sessions. These are
designed to improve attachment and bonding between parent and child by using
child directed play and parent directed play guided by the therapist.
- Liaison with teaching staff to provide advice and guidance on optimising learning for your child.
- Written report of observations and recommendations.
- Referrals to other professionals and services where required.
- Advice on parenting skills for typical children and children with special needs.
- Cognitive assessments to assess your child's developmental levels.
- Written report of assessment results including recommendations.
- Child behaviour checklists.
- Advice on the extra needs of children born prematurely.
| Fees |
| One hour consultation: ||$120 |
| Report: ||$150 |
| Preschool observation: ||$100 |
| Bayley Assessment: ||$250 (including the report) |