Geotechnical Drilling Services | Cascade Drilling
is used for site investigations where the intent is to determine subsurface geotechnical soil properties. Accurate geotechnical subsurface data provides the baseline for the design of all construction projects from surface roadways to high rise buildings. Cascade Drilling's services include geotechnical soil boring, sampling soil with both 140 and 300 pound automatic hammers, and the installation of piezometers, inclinometers, and tensiometers.
Typical applications for piezometers are monitoring of:
- Depth to groundwater,
- Pore water pressures to determine safe rates of fill or excavation,
- Pore water pressures to evaluate slope stability,
- Pore pressures to check the performance of earth filled dams and embankments,
- Pore pressures to check containment systems at landfills and tailings dams,
- Dewatering systems used for excavations,
- Ground improvement systems, such as vertical drains and sand drains.
Inclinometers are instruments for measuring change in the angle of slopes or soil movement, and are also known as tilt meters, tilt indicators, slope alert, slope gauge, gradiometer, or declinometer. In geotechnical applications, they are used to determine the instability of land to be built on. Regardless of the lithology, location, or terrain where your project needs drilling, Cascade Drilling has the equipment, years of experience, and specialized expertise to do the job.