Cropmark Seeds - Only the best - Ultra Enhanced Ryegrass
Dairy Farmer, Perennial Ryegrass, Grass Staggers
The latest release from the Cropmark breeding programme; Ultra Enhanced ® perennial ryegrass is a fine leaved, very densely tillered, late heading diploid Enhanced ® ryegrass which combines the best traits of its parents - the high levels of pasture production available from perennial ryegrass, coupled with the feed quality attributes of meadow fescue.
Ultra has strong year-round production, but with exceptional late winter, early spring growth; providing feed when it is needed most for increased livestock needs around calving and lambing.
Available in AR1® and low endophyte.
:: Product Video ::
:: Product Features ::
Ultra Enhanced ® Ryegrass has the following benefits:
- An Enhanced® perennial ryegrass – the latest genetics
- High winter, early spring growth rates – produces feed when it is needed most to meet peak livestock feed demands at this time
- Consistently high yielding across seasons, years and regions
- High pasture quality through its inter-species cross parentage
- High metabolisable energy content for potentially higher livestock performance
- Later heading (+20 days) to maintain pasture quality longer into spring
- More ‘clean leaf area’ through high relative freedom from disease, leading to improved palatability and better ability to grow
- Animal safety (won’t cause grass staggers or heat stress)
:: Downloads & More Information ::
:: Endorsements of Ultra Enhanced ® Ryegrass ::
Brett Coates - Dairy Farmer – Piarere, Waikato Dave Field - Dairy Farmer – Murchison, West Coast "I calculated that if I had the whole farm in Ultra I could stop feeding silage three weeks earlier. At $800 per day in supplements, I estimate I would have saved $16,000." Tony Luckin - Dairy Farmer – Okato, Coastal Taranaki "Ultra appears to be an all round performer, including during summer when feed can be short in our region. My milk production went up when the cows grazed the Ultra. They also grazed the paddocks very evenly. I’m really impressed by all the traits of this grass, including how it has handled the bugs and climatic conditions out here." Stewart Eden - Dairy Farmer – Riversdale, Northern Southland "This grass can really perform. It has very fast establishment speed, and its fantastic growth rates enabled me to quicken the grazing round. Its growth through the critical spring period is very impressive. The overall performance was tremendous."
"The Ultra is a very, very good grass. It has very good winter growth and seems to have outperformed other varieties on the farm. Its quality held on longer into spring and it also looked better, and greener over the summer months. And the cows seem to like it - it seems very palatable."
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011
, Grass Staggers
, Perennial Ryegrass