- Increased energy and vigour…
- Robust heart and muscle health…
- Focused, sharp thinking…
If you knew that one special nutrient could provide these benefits naturally, affordably and easily, would you like to take advantage of it?
Perhaps you are a little skeptical? We were!
In fact, our researchers were so doubtful when the original data about this miraculous ingredient was published, it took almost two years to complete our ‘due diligence’ and after confirming its efficacy..to develop a fish oil formula which would naturally re-energise your cells giving you benefits that no other product could.
What is this special ingredient?
It’s called CoQ10. BUT not the ordinary CoQ10 that you are no doubt familiar with! It is a special type of CoQ10 called Ubiqui(nol) from Kaneka in Japan who were the original developers of CoQ10.
The type of CoQ10 found in most fish oil supplements which has been around for years is called Ubiqui(none) - oxidized CoQ10. But, if you are over 40 years of age you need to take very large doses to get the potential benefits and even then the results cannot be guaranteed. This is because your body has to convert the Ubiquinone to Ubiquinol for it to ‘work its magic’ and if you are over 40 the ‘conversion’ is not very effective…as a result you do not get the full benefits of CoQ10.
But, by using the ‘reduced’ form of CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) your blood levels of CoQ10 will stay higher for longer. And that’s what really counts. You want your ejection fraction to increase – that’s the percentage of blood that’s pumped with each heartbeat. Imagine your heart pumping with two to three times the power you had before!
To illustrate the sheer potency of CoQ10, consider the following..in 1994, the largest CoQ10 study to date took place in Italy with over 1 100 heart failure patients being given 50 to 150mg of standard CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) daily for three months as complementary therapy…their results can be seen in the graph below:
At the end of the study improvement rates among the specific symptoms were…edema 76.9%; arrhythmia 62%; palpitations 75.7%; and pulmonary rales 78.4%! If these patients had been able to receive Ubiquinol in our Omega 3 fish oil in the form of our Omega / QH Ultra we know that the results would have been even better…at a lower dose rate.
Now picture yourself also being able to maintain the strength of your muscles as you age..maybe even strengthening them! Your muscles are the key to remaining youthful. Once you lose muscle mass, your motor skills begin to fail. You pack on weight. You look and feel old. To prevent this you need antioxidants to fight the free radical damage that causes oxidative stress and physical degeneration.
There are many antioxidants, and the more effective ones are in Total Balance and some of our other products, but the most important one for your heart and sustained energy is the Ubiquinol form of CoQ10..and the most effective way to deliver it into the body is via the best fish oil supplement available - the formula we have developed for Omega 3 QH Ultra.
What are the key differences between the ‘normal’ CoQ10 and Ubiquinol?
- Ubiquinol is the ‘reduced’ (sometimes called non-oxidized) form of CoQ10 that provides benefits to your heart and boosts your energy levels which the normal CoQ10 called Ubiquinone simply cannot do!
- Ubiquinol has two more electrons than Ubiquinone…making it a more potent anti-oxidant than the normal CoQ10 because it has two extra electrons to donate to help neutralize free radicals.
- Ordinary CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) doesn’t produce much energy. Your body has to convert it to Ubiquinol to do this. As we get older, many of us cannot make that conversion and those who can require very large doses of Ubiquinone.
- Ubiquinol is in a form ready for the body to use and is 3 – 8 times more effective than the normal CoQ10. There are cases where doses of Ubiquinol have been given at only 1/8th of the rate of Ubiquinone and yet the blood levels of CoQ10 have doubled…making it 16 times more effective.
- There is only ONE genuine Ubiquinol and that is the product produced by Kaneka in Japan. There are Chinese ‘copies’ which we as a manufacturer we can buy for less than half the price..but we don’t…and won’t. Unless it is stated that it is Kaneka QH on the label…it isn’t. There are other reasons why we only use the genuine Kaneka product which we cover in our manufacturing process info.
The image below will help you understand why Ubiquinol can give you a boost of energy whereas the standard CoQ10 may not.
The Ubiquinol has two extra electrons and when you take Omega QH Ultra fish oil, the Ubiquinol in it ‘donates’ both its extra electrons to your body’s electron transport chain. That’s what provides the ‘spark’ to produce ATP and therefore energy.
After this ‘donation’ the Ubiquinol becomes ordinary CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) which continues to be used by your body and a part of it (with a bit of luck) may be converted back to Ubiquinol and the process repeated.
Wide range of benefits…
Apart from the many cardiovascular benefits of Ubiquinol which includes hypertension, there are many more age related conditions for which there is good clinical research emerging showing Ubiquinol to provide benefits…example… reducing the risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s as well as even boosting the immune system and helping to relieve migraines. For more detailed information about these benefits and others such as energy, please go to our
Why put Ubiquinol into the Xtend-Life Omega 3 Fish Oil?
The bottom line is that we had four VERY sound reasons for putting the Ubiquinol into our fish oil:
- Firstly…Ubiquinol being a fat soluble ingredient is a perfect match for our Omega 3 fish oil. The oil helps protect it through the digestive system and improve its bio-availability further.
- Secondly…Because Ubiquinol is very sensitive to oxygen we can open the airtight container of the nutrient in nitrogen and empty it directly into our Omega 3 oil blend through which we are pumping nitrogen as we blend in the Ubiquinol thus removing any oxygen and therefore maintaining its full potency.
- Thirdly…If a person wishes to receive the benefits of CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) then they will generally also need the benefits that only high quality fish oil can provide…re DHA and the anti-inflammatory properties. So, it makes sense to combine them.
- Fourthly… By incorporating Ubiquinol into the ‘Premium’ version of our Omega 3 fish oil we are able to provide the highest quality product at the best competitive pricing. Instead of doubling up on manufacturing costs we simply add the nutrient so the increase in cost over and above the Premium version only reflects the direct costs of the Ubiquinol and other directly associated costs. There are no additional margins applied. This means that you are getting all the extra benefits of our Premium Omega 3 fish oil for not much more than you would pay for the Ubiquinol on its own.
Remember…that Ubiquinol is a NATURAL substance and is present in every cell in your body! It is a key nutrient to help prevent degenerative disease…but, as we age our body can no longer make sufficient amounts and we need to supplement. BUT…normal CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) will not do the job as from age 40 because our body’s cannot convert it efficiently to the usable Ubiquinol form.
As you can see…from the age of 40, it is all downhill. Even at that age almost a third of the CoQ10 in the heart has gone! This is a major factor in the age related risk of a heart attack.
Omega 3 / QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs!
WARNING! Read this if you are on a statin drug…
What you must know if you are on a statin drug is that the mechanism which the statins use to block the manufacture of cholesterol by the liver follows the same pathway that your liver uses to manufacture the vital CoQ10. So, when you are on a statin you are steadily lowering your body’s CoQ10 levels with ultimately potentially deadly consequences.
For years, concerned knowledgeable physicians and others in the US have been trying to get a citizens petition through the US FDA to put a ‘black box’ warning on all statin drugs saying that they should only be used in conjunction with supplementation of CoQ10. However, due to special interests and big money involved it is highly unlikely that this petition will ever meet with success.
If you are on a statin drug it is CRUCIAL that you take CoQ10 in the form of Ubiquinol. Naturally we believe the best option is our Omega QH Ultra…but, if you don’t take ours, ensure that you to take another quality brand…and ensure that they are only using the Kaneka QH Ubiquinol.
If you are using a statin drug or have been on one it may be wise to double your dose of Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 QH Ultra fish oil for two to three months to restore healthy levels of CoQ10 in your body.
Remember that the QH Ultra also contains ALL the ingredients that are in present in both our other versions of Omega 3/DHA fish oil in the full amounts so there is no need to take either of those as well as the QH.