Christchurch City Libraries offer free public wireless access at some libraries. To access the service, you need a wireless-enabled laptop, tablet, PDA or phone (WiFi, 802.11b/g or WLAN). If you use a WLAN in your office or home, your existing hardware will enable you to access the service. Most new laptops and mobile devices are now manufactured with internal WiFi facilities.
Free Telecom WiFi is currently available at the following libraries.
Christchurch City Libraries’ WiFi
In using this service, you need to be aware that:
- You are responsible for the security of your computer
- Access to certain sites may be limited by our public internet filter
- Any inappropriate use which contravenes the may result in you being excluded from further use
- You connect to the WiFi network at your own risk
How do you connect?
- Switch on your laptop
- Check the wireless network on your laptop is enabled
- Your laptop should detect the Christchurch City Libraries wireless network
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)
- You should be automatically directed to our WiFi welcome page
- You need to accept our terms and conditions before you proceed with using this service
If your wireless connection is enabled but you have trouble connecting / viewing websites:
Christchurch City Libraries will only provide limited advice on how to connect to the WiFi service. Any configuration changes needing to be made to your equipment to enable you to use the service are your responsibility and are made at your own risk.