Changes to the library public computers August 2011
PINs required from 1 August
From 1 August all customers who are will need to enter their number and associated when using the computers.
If you do not have a PIN associated with your library card please contact a member of staff or call 03 941 7923 to have one set up.
The existing visitor account arrangement will continue for non-library members.
- PCs are available on a first-come first-served basis. If all computers are in use an automated queueing system operates.
- Some libraries offer 15-minute express machines.
Using headphones and headsets
- bring their own headsets and plug them into the front of the PC, or
- purchase disposable headsets from the library service desks for $2.50.
Free internet access
There is no charge for using the internet.
Get help with using our computers
Staff can offer some assistance
Library staff can help you but they are not trained in all programmes.
- Logging on
- Opening and saving files
- Some assistance with formatting Word documents
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011