Ronstan Oborns Nautical, rope and wire splice, architectural rigging systems, boat fittings, rope ladders Christchurch
Stainless Steel, Boat, Wire Rope
Our full workshop service includes yacht rigging, mast and spars, wire rope and rope splicing, custom fittings and architectural rigging systems.
Architectural Rod Systems
At Oborn’s we supply and install stainless steel wire rope balustrading.Our portable swage machince allows us to fit wire rope to your balustrading on site.We can show you some examples of previous work done and have a display that shows you the different options to suit your custom rails.
- If you require a custom fitting for your boat, please feel free to come talk to us and we will do our best to come up with something to help.
- At Oborn’s we supply and install aluminum flag poles.
- Complete poles are supplied with halyard, base, sheaves, cleat and flag clips.
- Finished in natural alloy or powder coated in the colour of your choice.
- Freestanding or wall-mounted
- Halyards – conventional external or internal hideaway vandal proof system.
- Angled to suit application
Mast & Spars
Wire & Rope Splicing
- Our splicing department can splice any type of rope, dyneema, spectra, braided rope and laid rope, also wire to rope and rope to chain.
- Inhouse we have a mechanical 350 ton capacity splicing press, which enables us to make up to 30mm wire rope cables.
- We have a full range of stainless steel wire rope swage fittings to suit any job.
- Suspending sculptures, hanging lighting frames, security wires or wires for espalier growing.
Our workshop team are capable of rig checks, removal of masts, replacing standing rigging and re-running halyards.
We have a call out service available if you require us to come to the boat and repair or fit new fittings, including lifelines.
Please contact us for more information.
Sails and sail repairs
Mainsails, Jibs or Spinnakers
Custom made hiking straps
Application of logo’s for sails
, Custom Fittings
, Stainless Steel
, Wire Rope
, Yacht Rigging