Our aim is to provide you with advice when your business needs it - not just when you ask for it.
We'll help you manage every aspect of your business, and because we establish a one-on-one relationship with each of our clients, our advice will be tailored for your business.
We've developed our traditional accounting practices into innovative client-focused services. Our flexibility & adaptability will ensure we can help you get the best results.
Some of the areas we have been requested to assist our clients are in the areas of:
As well as preparation of your annual accounts and periodic management accounts for tax or management of your business we can assist you in your installation of your own financial recording system tailored to your own requirements.
A good accounting system will help you keep track of your cashflow and give you the option to complete GST Returns easily.
Choosing the right system for your business can be a difficult one - after all there are over sixty different accounting packages available in New Zealand.
We have embraced the world of financial recording systems, and as such, our experienced professionals are able to:
- Discuss with you the best system to implement to further your business
- Install and configure software to suit your purposes and then offer on going supervision and training
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are contemplating the addition of new computer hardware, or looking at completely changing your business systems, our trained staff are able to assist you.
Survival in today's business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business rather than in the business.
However, often the pressures of daily business mean that planning takes a back seat - but to have a successful business you must plan ahead. Planning will include positioning in the market place, seeing how you compare with your competitors plus understand the key performance indicators of your industry.
Armed with this information, we'll work with you to develop a business plan that looks at where you want your business to be in the next 3-5 years and put in place an effective implementation plan to achieve these aims and objectives.
A good budget is a necessity in a good business plan. It is one of the best business tools we have, allowing us to set financial targets and measure our performance.
The techniques we utilize in the formation of financial projections will allow you to consider future scenarios and give you goals to strive for in your business.
In addition to goal setting value, budgets will often improve your chances of acquiring funding as financers often require forecasts as a prerequisite for funding approval. Cashflow forecasting is a vital part of ensuring that your business will always have the cash it needs, because profits don't pay bills - cash does.
There are many types of budgets and we can help you design the right budget for your needs and requirements. Let us show you how a budget and a cashflow forecast are able to provide feedback to allow you to prepare for the future of your business.
Attending to the multitude of functions involved in business administration can be a time-consuming process in our ever changing business world. While this is a necessary function in every business, attending to the necessary administration duties is not the favoured role for many business owners and can divert excessive time from the core business activity.
In particular, payroll & employment legislation is growing increasingly complex. We can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive and confidential payroll service, including:
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYE, statutory sick pay, employee holiday entitlements
- IR-Filing to the IRD
- Summaries and analyses of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses and termination payments
Even if you have only a few employees, you will make savings by engaging us to administer your payroll.
We have also been asked to assist clients in their regular payment and processing of creditors, collection and banking of debtors and in general secretarial tasks.
Our staff are well trained and is experienced in all of these aspects of business operation and are able to show you how their skills and expertise in these areas can assist your business operation.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform many administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you are complying with the Companies Act 1993.
The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing of annual returns on your behalf
- Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory books
- Assistance in changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Bonus Issues
- Share transfers
- Registered Office Facility
for further information in these areas relating to your business.
If you are contemplating commencement of a business, let us help you turn your business idea into a reality.
If you have a good idea for a new business venture but don't have expertise in the legal or financial aspects of creating a new business, we can help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies House, Inland Revenue, or Customs and Excise
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
A wide range of financing options exists, all with their pros and cons. We know the financial market, and have the experience to assist you in securing the best financing option for your personal and business goals. Our experience in the market means we are also able to structure debt upon acquisition to maximise tax advantages.
Let our experienced team explore with you the best financing options to get your business closer to its goals.
If you are selling or preparing to retire from your business, the tasks involved in selling a business can seem particularly arduous. We are able to relieve that stress for you.
The services we provide in relation to organising the selling of a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
Our friendly and professional staff are able to assist in such a way that a maximum return for your business can be achieved.
We can provide an independent valuation to answer the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property to ensure you receive the best price for the sale of your business.
We have the necessary expertise to assist in a variety of areas in relation to residential and commercial property.
The services we offer our clients include:
- Advice on the purchasing of a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We are able to provide for you:
- Forecasts of revenue returns
- Forecasts of financial position
- Forecasts of potential growth
today for more information on how we are able to assist you in the business of rental properties.
To achieve a comfortable retirement requires forward planning. You need to consider such things as when you will retire, how much income will be required to allow the retirement you desire, how to acquire that income, and what role the government will play.
Part of that process may include the transfer of your farm or business to your successors. Coordination of the transition of your assets can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of farm and business continuation, taking the stress off your shoulders.
Estate planning is one of the necessities in life. It allows peace of mind knowing that your hard earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose.
We are experienced in estate planning and can implement procedures to ensure your succession plan for your assets will be adhered to.
We offer a full range of Taxation Services. We have the knowledge and experience and offer a proactive approach to ensure we are able to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives.
We provide a complete service of help and advice in all of the following areas:
- Preparation of personal & company tax returns and advice on payment of tax
- GST/FBT/ACC obligations including Specialist events involving GST - eg sale or purchase of property
- Advice on and implementation of tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Management of any IRD Audits or disputes
A trust can provide an effective way of protecting the assets that you have accumulated so that they are available for the benefit of family other members or charities.
We have extensive experience and so are able to offer specialist advice on Trust formation, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met.
Obligations for trustees can often be onerous. We have much experience in Trust administration and offer assistance in:
- Preparation and execution of the Trust Deed necessary for Trust formation
- Attention to the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts
- Provide a minute keeping service
This list is by no means exhaustive, and our team of friendly staff would be more than happy to take enquiries about services that you do not see listed.