Buchanans Foundry - Services - Resin Sand Casting, Die Casting, Furnaces and Heat Treatment Furnace
Castings, Electric Induction Furnaces
All mould manufacture is accomplished with furan resin silica or zircon sand. This system produces an air cured silica mould of high rigidity and quality and casting integrity is maintained allowing for a greater trueness of form and accuracy. Moulds are also coated with a zircon refractory coating to give an excellent surface finish.
- Casting capacity to 12 tonne per shift
- Specialists in large scale work
- Grey Iron castings to 15 tonne
- SG (Ductile) Iron castings to 6 tonne
- Steel castings to 6 tonne
Die casting is an efficient, economical process which:-
- Provides products and component parts that are durable, dimensionally stable, and have a quality look and feel.
- Can produce thousands of identical castings within closer tolerances than most other mass production processes.
- Are easily plated/finished with a minimum of surface preparation.
- Produces corrosion resistant, durable parts and products.
- Can be produced at high rates of production with little or no machining.
- Items up to 12kg in size.
- 2 x Inductotherm Electric Induction Furnaces each 3 tonne capacity
- 1 x Inductotherm Electric Induction Furnace with 1 tonne capacity
- 1 x McGregor Furnace with 100 kg capacity
220KW Top Hat Electric Heat Treatment Furnace:-
- Up to 1100°C - accurate to +/- 2°C
- 2000mm x 3000mm x 1400mm high Internal Sizing
- Stress Relieving
, Electric Induction Furnaces