Building a business information system is a complex task. We have developed our own processes and techniques for tackling projects.
This begins with clearly establishing the goals for the project and capturing the client's requirements, whilst recognising they will change.
Key features of our approach are:
- requirements capture - both functional and non-functional (e.g. usability, performance, scalability, ..)
- risk reduction - tackle areas with highest risk first
- iterative - prototyping and building the system in small increments
- client involvement - lots of input and feedback
- change management - processes to deal with changing requirements
- test-first development - unit and functional testing are automated from the start
- ongoing support - help, support and maintenance continue long term.
Client involvement is critical to project success.
Our most successful projects are those where the client has been closely involved throughout.
When you do an Alchemy project, be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!