Alchemy - Services - SMS, Text Gateway
If you want to run services based around SMS (text messaging), then you need an SMS gateway.
The DataShed gateway:
- sits between mobile phones and a server application that receives or sends SMS messages
- relays SMS messages from phones to the application, and from the application to the phones
- hides various communication protocol and implementation details from the phones and from the application
- provides a uniform interface that applications use to communicate with mobile phones via SMS
- is the 'glue' that makes messaging work!
Mobile Marketing Services
There are many ways to do mobile marketing, but most SMS
applications are typically either 'push' or 'pull'. The DataShed gateway supports both methods, and hybrids.
- Push services
- Push services are activated by your server application to send a
text message to one or more mobile phone recipients. Typical
applications include sale and promotion announcements,
delivery of vouchers and coupons, alerts and notifications
such as schedule changes.
- Pull services
- Pull services involve an end-user sending a text message
to a service (number or shortcode), for which that service
may return a response. Examples of pull services include
responding to promotional activities, voting, polling and
- Other services
- Other services involve on-going dialogue between you and
your target markets - promotions and rewards programmes
whereby consumers' text in information to redeem rewards.
Messaging Application Development
| || |
We provide all the services you need to get a messaging application up and running.
Complementing the gateway, Alchemy can build a server application to fulfill your messaging requirements.
This will normally include integrating a database of client data and mobile phone numbers.
We can also arrange shortcodes for your system, for a single network
or for both networks.
Some of our application domains include the utilities
sector, local and regional government, real estate, tourism, staff rostering and
Typical messaging campaign areas include:
- Market Research
- Discount coupons
- Revenue generation
- Mobile payments
- Customer Service
- Subscriber content
- Alerts and notifications
- Loyalty and reward programmes
- Sales Promotions
- Interactive games
- Sale announcements
- Permission databases
- Targeted offers
- Instant win promotions
- Txt Competitions