| Six reasons to consider moving to cloud or online accounting? |
- You can run your business and access your accounts 24/7/365 - from work, home or on the go (see Xero touch).
- You can invite others to view your accounts - like your accountant or advisor and provide valuable real-time advice.
- Your data is completely secure, stored in the cloud even if your computer is lost or stolen.
- Unlike boxed software - there are NO backups, upgrades and NO support contracts to pay
- So it's most likely less expensive as well!
- Online accounting systems work on Macs or PCs - in fact from your phone like Xero Touch
Which online accounting system do we like best?
It's Xero - (with an X - not Zero with a Z)
- Xero is probably the easiest online accounting system we've ever used (and we've been helping clients with systems for over 20 years)
- Xero has automatic bank feeds, with auto suggestion to set rules, so it reduces bookkeeping time
- Xero has an easy to understand dashboard where you can see your cash position instantly
Yeah - besides that - what will it do for me the business owner?
Xero has been built open to developers who build business apps for it called Add-ons. Think of it like the iphone with its apps. These Add-Ons can make business life easier, are very cost-effective and easy to use. Here are some Xero Add-Ons that all link in seamlessly: Do you manage jobs?
Ask about WorkflowMax - A 3 user system costs $49 a month. Highly recommended and easy to use. This simple system could save $thousands a year. Do you carry stock?
Ask about Unleashed - For on-line integrated stock control. Multi location and currency with a simple dashboard. From $35 a month. Eliminates spreadsheet system mistakes and so easy to use with Xero. Are you in retail?
Ask about Vend - POS that works online and offline, great for product management and retail stock control. This system grows with you. Single registers and stores from $29 a month.
Paypal - Links to Xero easily
Got service people out and about?
Want your online accounting to link with your database or CRM?
Ask about Magento - A serious online ecommerce platform that links to Xero and other systems. Catalogue management, product browsing, shipping, customer service and order management.
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011