Features & Benefits
- Engineered for internal combustion engines including two-stroke
- Reduces friction & wear – Optimises engine performance
- Compatible with all mineral and synthetic oils
- Will not void warranties – backed by our product liability insurance
- Pure petroleum-based – Non-corrosive
- No solids, PTFE or metal
Available sizes: 5L, 20L, 60L & 200L
Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment is a unique 100% pure petroleum-based metal treatment that is compatible with all motor oils, including synthetics. Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment is engineered specifically for the internal combustion engine (Petrol, Diesel, LPG) and should not be confused with ordinary additives witch have marginal benefits. It is a metal treatment that does not replace your engine’s oil.
Bitron coats all metal surfaces with a protective layer of molecules. Without Bitron, within hours of turning your engine off, virtually no oil remains on engine parts. Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment helps protects your engine from wear, 90% of which occurs during cold starts in the first critical moments before the motor’s oil fully circulates. Unlike most oil additives and engine treatments, Bitron will not interfere with engineered tolerance and cannot adversely affect engine performance.
Bitron reduces friction and wear and so will extend the life of your oil and improve its lubricating qualities. It uses the package of additives present in your own oil and so takes on the characteristics of whichever oil it is used with (synthetic or mineral), and is effective under the most sever operating conditions. It is non-corrosive, contains no plastic particles, PTFE resins (Poly Tetra Fluoro Ethylene – PTFE), molybdenum disulphide, lead or any other metal.
Bitron helps break the vicious cycle of heat from friction expanding the metal – causing more friction – which may ultimately cause engine failure. Conventional oil becomes less viscous at elevated temperatures and flows away from heat. Bitron, however, is attracted to any hot spots (areas where engineering tolerances make for increased friction and therefore more heat and wear) because with the increased temperature there will be an increase in negative charge which attracts more of the positively charged Bitron. This provides increased lubrication of the metal where it is needed most.
The unique specially developed and proven product can be a tremendous boost to the efficiency of vehicles and machinery. To maximise these benefits, you should utilise the entire Bitron product line.
Directions for use:
Add Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment at a ratio of 10% of the sump volume, using your existing oil. Run the engine for approximately 1200km or 8 hours before performing an oil change and replacing the oil filter/s.
Add Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment at a ratio of 5% of the sump volume with each oil change as recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
If unsure of treatment ratios and special applications contact our Technical Services Department.
The cleaning action of the Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment may lead to a blackening and thickening of the oil, due to hydrocarbon build-up that was already in the engine before Bitron was added. Note that it is these contaminants that have made the oil dirty, not Bitron. The condition of the oil should be checked frequently (especially during the first 1200km or 8 hours) and changed as soon as it is dirty, or at regular maintenance intervals.
Note: In new equipment and vehicles the initial 10% treatment can be omitted.
Points to note:
- While Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment can be added to oil of any condition, its abilities will be enhanced if it is added to fresh, clean oil.
- Using less than the recommended amount of Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment may reduce its effectiveness
- The use of Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment in an engine does not affect its ability to be rebuilt. Rebuilt engines require a running-in period of around 1200km or 8 hours prior to the addition of Bitron products.
- When performing oil analysis, the first and second samples after adding Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment may show higher than normal particle readings, due to the cleaning action of the product. Subsequent analysis (ie 3rd and 4th samples) will show a substantial reduction in the wear factor.
- Care should be taken not to overfill your engine.
Treatment Results should include:
- A quieter and smoother engine with a lighter and quicker throttle response
- An increase in top-end RPM
- Less decrease in speed while hill-climbing requiring fewer gear changes
- Easier cold weather starting
- Releasing of piston rings that are fouled or frozen from hydrocarbon residue
- Reduction in oil consumption and hydrocarbon emissions
- Maximising of compression and horsepower
- Improvement in fuel efficiency due to reduction of friction throughout the engine
Turbo chargers often have tremendous problems with high RPM causing lubricants to oxidise quite quickly. The drop in oil pressure when the engine is turned off, while the turbines are still rotating, tends to leave the bearings (especially thrust areas) isolated from oil flow. This causes the small amount of oil left around the shaft and bearings to carbonise, leaving carbon and sludge residue. Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment will reduce the friction and heat in turbo chargers, and prevent carbon build-up.
Points to note:
- Bitron is not a cure-all for mechanical problems. In some cases the detergent effects of Bitron may expose pre-existing problems (eg damaged seals or gaskets)
- Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment will not undo pre-existing wear, but could help extend engine life.
- The addition of Bitron EP20 Engine Treatment may result in increased idling RPM due to a reduction in friction. Re-adjust idle RPM to the equipment manufacturer’s recommended setting – to maximise fuel economy and reduce emissions.
There is often a question concerning the possible threat of cancellation of warranties by the manufacturers should additives be used in their equipment or vehicles. Not only will Bitron not void warranties, it will probably dramatically extend the working life of your engine, its oil and its components. Like oil, Bitron is purely hydrocarbon in its make-up and so is compatible with all mineral and synthetic oils. It contains no solids of any kind and is non-corrosive. There is nothing present which could cause any damage of any kind to metal components or seals. Therefore, even if its presence could be detected it could NOT void any warranty. Coating a metal with a protective layer of oil cannot contribute to excessive wear or breakdown of the metal.
It is not a simple matter for manufacturers to just void a warranty without providing sufficient evidence to justify their actions. The manufacturer must prove that the use of any product caused the claimed-for damage and that it was not due to their component failure. Damage within the boundaries of a warranty caused by improper lubrication will in fact be covered either by the manufacturer’s warranty or our own product liability insurance.
|Boiling Point for Component |
|Vapour Pressure for Component |
|Specific Vapour Density Air =1 ||1 |
|Specific Gravity |
|Percent Volatiles ||30-35% |
|Evaporation Rate ||Slower than Ether |
|Flash Point: Open Cup ||126ºC (259ºF) |
|Explosion Limit: (Lowest value of Component) ||Lower 1% Upper 7% |
|Total Base Number TBN ||4.6 |