• Integrated sample preparation and real-time PCR assay for the detection of Vesivirus in cell culture samples
Viral contamination in mammalian product manufacturing presents
a serious risk to the manufacturing process, the manufacturing
facility, and the integrity of the product. Vesivirus 2117 is an RNA
virus that has reemerged as a potential threat to mammalian cell
culture production. To meet the challenge of rapid, specific, and
sensitive detection of Vesivirus, Applied Biosystems has developed
the first commercially available integrated kit for isolation and
detection of Vesivirus from mammalian cell culture samples. The
ViralSEQ™ Vesivirus Detection Assay is a PCR-based test that enables
users to quickly isolate and detect Vesivirus 2117 and all other known
strains with high sensitivity and specificity. The test utilizes PrepSEQ™
sample preparation magnetic beads to isolate viral RNA from a wide
range of sample types, combined with TaqMan®-based technology
for sensitive and specific detection of the viral RNA. The kit also
includes a proprietary positive control template that helps eliminate
the possibility of false positive results arising from inadvertent
contamination of test samples with the positive control.
- Detection of known Vesivirus strains
- Rapid time-to-results in less than 5 hours
- TaqMan®-based real-time PCR assay
- Demonstrated sensitivity and specificity
- Proprietary optimized sample preparation for high RNA recovery
Need More Information? Just Ask.
- Ask a question.
- Request more detailed information or literature.
- Discuss your current project/application.
- Request a quote.
- Locate a distributor in your area.
- Schedule a demo.