FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BetaLED® Expands its Line of Popular LEDway® Streetlights
New LEDway SLM products are designed primarily for residential street lighting applications
Sturtevant, Wis., May 11, 2011 – BetaLED, a division of Ruud Lighting, Inc., introduces two products to its line of popular LEDway streetlight products. The LEDway SLM (single light module) and the LEDway SLM IP66 are both sleek, low profile LED luminaires designed to replace existing traditional cobrahead systems along residential streets. The new form factor provides an aesthetic option for municipalities and utilities that is a true departure from the design of the traditional cobrahead.
Both products incorporate scalable light modules designed to replace 70-watt to 250-watt high-pressure sodium cobraheads and feature NanoOptic® product technology to deliver industry leading target lighting performance.
“By continually using the latest in technology, our BetaLED engineers are able to harness the high performance of larger luminaires into a smaller, slimmer profile,” said Christopher Ruud, president of Ruud Lighting, Inc. “Plus, the introduction of the LEDway SLM products offers communities a new economical aesthetic option when converting traditional systems to LED throughout their neighborhoods.”
The LEDway SLM IP66, an IP-66 rated version of the LEDway SLM, can be mounted to a vertical or horizontal tenon for increased flexibility. In addition, LEDway SLM IP66 is UL, cUL, ENEC, and CE compliant. Product options include an occupancy sensor, two-level capabilities, dimming and painted extrusion.
The LEDway SLM is UL compliant and can be direct mounted to existing pole configurations and is a more economical alternative to the IP-66 version but with fewer options.
Both the LEDway SLM and the LEDway SLM IP66 streetlights are designed, engineered and manufactured in the United States and meet the Buy American Requirements under the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act. Both provide a stylish and flexible option from which municipalities and utilities can choose from to enhance the quality of life within their communities.
Significant benefits of LEDway streetlights include:
- Use Less Energy. Energy savings from LEDway streetlights, for typical street lighting applications, is generally 40-60 percent compared to traditional high-intensity discharge (HID) products. Lighting controls can be added to further enhance overall energy savings.
- Control Light Pollution. All products within the LEDway streetlight portfolio comply with IESNA and International Dark Sky Association guidelines. Patented NanoOptic product technology directs light into target areas, without spilling onto neighboring properties or into the night sky.
- Eliminate Hazardous Materials. LEDway streetlights are Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant. No mercury or other hazardous substances are used as compared to traditional sources that present potentially hazardous disposal and environmental issues.
- Lower Greenhouse Gas Emissions. LED streetlights reduce the amount of energy used and ultimately help to reduce the carbon footprint of a municipality.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. LEDway products are made using a total of 20-25 percent (by weight) post consumer recycled materials (aluminum castings and extrusions). Seventy percent (by weight) of LEDway components are aluminum castings and extrusions that are readily recyclable. Corrugated packaging is 100 percent recyclable.
- Less Landfill Waste. Less waste from relamping and disposal means less pollution, less soil contamination, and less environmental noise from maintaining the landfill.
- The Difference You Can See. Energy-efficient LED streetlights are a visible example cities can use to show citizens how tax dollars are invested in energy-saving initiatives. Cities will improve their bottom line and enhance the quality of life for its citizens.
BetaLED is recognized throughout the world for advanced engineering, innovative design and excellence in manufacturing LED lighting solutions. As an industry-leader, BetaLED has proven performance with thousands of successful installations in thousands of cities worldwide. BetaLED is the industry’ leading manufacturer of specification grade LED luminaires. Capitalizing on our extensive in-market success, BetaLED luminaires have consistently proven their performance over traditional lamp sources and other LED products.
About LEDway Streetlights