Services - BERL - economic research, forecasting, analysis, advice and consultancy for business, public sector and regional devel
Forecasting, Regional Development
BERL's professional staff provide analysis across a wide range of fields to the public and private sectors including:
Aside from contract research work, BERL has two main products available to clients. These are:
- Monitoring current and historical trends in regional economies
- Projections of future economic trends at the regional level
- Assessing the impacts of developments on regional and national economies
- Regional economic development strategies.
Industry and Resource Economics
- Analysis of the economics of particular industries, and their effects on the wider economy
- Analysis within an economic framework of the management of the environment and natural resources.
- Monitoring current and historical trends and providing short and medium term forecasts of New Zealand and international economies
- Assessing the impact of macroeconomic trends on industries and business.
Public Policy Analysis
- Research into underlying economics, and analysis of options, for design and implementation of policies
- Analysis of the impact of policy proposals on industries, households and the economy as a whole
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of the application of policies.
Social Policy Analysis
- Research into income distribution, and interactions with other aspects of social policy (eg health)
- Labour market analysis
- Quantitative analysis of social conditions and living standards of particular groups and communities.
Business and Organisational Strategies
- Design of development strategies for business and industries
- Product demand analysis and forecasting
- Analysis of the nature and impact of innovation within business and industries.
, Regional Development