10 Smart Things You Can Do - Right Now - to Improve Your Website & Business.
MickG - Web Marketing, Web Strategy, Google Adwords Professional
Marketing, Internet Marketing, Web Marketing
1. Get listed on Google Local Business Centre. It puts you on Google’s Maps and sometimes even on the 1st page of Google’s search results.
Get Your Local Business Listing at - http://www.google.com/local/add
2. Make sure you Submit Your website to these 3 Search Engines:
* Google – http://www.google.com/addurl/
* DMOZ – http://www.dmoz.org/add.html
* Yahoo - https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/submit
3. Install Google Analytics on Your website. This will allow you to easily track who is visiting your website, for how long, where they are coming from. An invaluable tool for measuring your website and marketing performance. It’s also Free!
4. Setup an Email Signature, providing contact details, your name, business name and web address. And make use of a polite PS – to promote specials, deals, and offers. See - http://email.about.com/od/signatures/Email_Signatures.htm
5. Track and store the, emails you send to contacts, leads, customers, in an online location, that you can access 24/7. This is great as it stores your emails in a safe online manner that you can access from any computer, anytime. Basically an online Contact Manager , Address Book, and Customer Relationship Management tool all rolled into one! As they list on their website – you can use Highrise to:
* Review a colleague’s notes before calling her contact at the printer
* See all the follow-ups scheduled for this week
* Set a reminder to write your client a thank-you note next Friday
* Keep all important emails from a customer together on one page
* Schedule a follow-up sales call with a lead in 30 days
* Enter notes from a call with a potential client
Visit – www.HighriseHQ.com and learn more about their free start-up account.
6. Create yourself a lens on Squidoo. Why? Because Squidoo is free and allows you to quickly and easily create
* A signpost about something that matters to you.
* A place to recommend your favorite stuff.
* A popular way to get found more on the web
Google also LOVES content posted on Squidoo, so make sure you include a link to your own website in the Introdution. This will (over time) help improve your website’s page ranking on Google and other search engines. It’ll also give people more ways to find you and your business online (rather than the other way around)
Get Started - http://www.squidoo.com/wizard/step1
Need more help? http://www.squidoo.com/creating-lenses
7. Brand your car with your Web Address. Think about how much time you spend in traffic with someone staring at your car’s rear window. Captive marketing at it’s best. Better still - include your mobile number and a message for them to call you now to chat! (as long as you have a hands-free kit)
8. Measure your Marketing, so that you know what’s working and what isn’t. Keep a log-book/ record of how people found out about your business. You should do this for all telephone enquiries.
And if you’re really smart – register a number of slightly different versions of your web domain and use these in your different marketing campaigns. (i.e. use a .net.nz for one, .co.nz for another, .info for yet another)
Why? Because you can then set-up redirects for these domains to your normal web address, and count every single visit that gets referred from them (as long as you’ve installed Google Analytics in Step 3)
This allows you to measure radio adverts, print adverts, brochures…. There’s no need to guess anymore whether your marketing is driving leads to your website … or not.
Make sure you do this on your website too (get your web developer to add a small drop-down menu of options as to how people found you) You can create your own form and replace your current email address link on your website.
9. Add a social bookmarking toolbar to your website. This a great way to get other people to spread the word about content on your website.
Visit - http://www.addthis.com/web-button-select.html
10. Set-up and send-out out an online Customer Survey. It’s a great form of marketing, and allows you to :
- Get Customer Feedback on Your Service and Product (always make sure to ask what is Good, and How You can Improve things too)
- Gain Marketing Testimonials (make sure you ask permission to use them)
- Make contact with previous customers
Think about questions you’d like answers to about your business. Like:
“How did you hear about my business?”
“What are the Things You Enjoyed about Doing Business With Us?”
“What are the things we Could Improve on?”
“Would you recommend us to someone else?”
Then spend some time gathering email addresses from your email client/ inbox, and draft a polite email asking people to visit the survey online. It’s often a good idea to provide a small incentive to customers to complete the survey like a discount off their next purchase etc. This in-turn will promote business!
You can gather up to 10 responses for free using http://freeonlinesurveys.com
OR for more serious surveys try www.surveygizmo.com
Well that’s it - 10 Smart Things you Can Do Right Now to Assist Your Website and Business.
I hope you have found them helpful and more importantly … useful. Feel free to contact me to give your feedback and thoughts.
, Internet Marketing
, Web Marketing