Surveyors assisting Builders in Pukekohe, Tauranga, Auckland and Bay of Plenty

By: Birch Surveyors  05-Apr-2012
Keywords: Builders, Building Companies

A builder will use the boundary pegs on a new residential site to establish the location of a new dwelling. If he can not find these pegs then he will engage a Surveyor to repeg the boundaries. Our Surveyors in Pukekohe and Tauranga work closely with local builders and building companies and are aware of their time constraints, and can prioritize our work to complete these projects in a time effective manner.

A prudent builder will ensure that  they have the boundaries verified before building and many building companies engage us to set out the location of the corners of the building, rather than doing this themselves (in some cases, local councils require this from builders). In most cases the builder will have factored these costs into the costs of constructing the building.

Where building are located close to boundaries, the Local Council may require a Certificate from a Surveyor stating that the building is clear of the boundaries and/or sufficiently setback from the boundary to comply with the rules regarding the height of building in relation to the distance from the boundary (commonly known as a height to boundary certificate)

Keywords: Builders, Building Companies

Other products and services from Birch Surveyors


Site Surveys, Auckland, Pukekohe, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, Waikato

To ensure we provide the best possible service, we have acquired the latest technology, equipment and mapping software, and ensure our IT system and processes are maintained and renewed on a regular basis. There a many other surveys and services which are regularly provided by Birch Surveyors to their clients from the offices in Pukekohe and Tauranga. Plans showing accurate contour and site features to assist with the design of buildings.


Where have my pegs gone

If you are building close to a boundary, then the Local Council may require these boundaries to be marked out, so they can ensure your building is sufficiently far away from the boundary. However if the pegs are missing and need to be replaced by undertaking further survey work, then this information must be recorded and the records lodged with Land Information NZ.